Power amp based on Prism Audio modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, new bod here, thought I'd post here instead of in Introductions, as I'm interested to see whether anyone else has had experience of the modules supplied by Prism Audio
http://www.prismaudio.co.uk/Prism_frameset.htm
I've recently completed a dual mono amp based on their LA100B modules, and apart from some mechanical noise from one of the toroids, I'm extremely happy with the result. By the way, it's the first amp I've built, probably won't be the last, and no, I don't have any commercial interest!

Adrian W

No problems...we will be happy watching your work

in the day you post them.

Welcome man...enjoy the best Forum you can have around this Planet.

Do it when you find time, when the resources to produce images were handy to you..the day you want.

Just do not forget to give us this pleasure to let us see your work and know you better....negative, .... forum guys do not evaluate people by their boards quality or sophistication of circuitry..but by education, respect, cooperation and character...this forum is fine.

High resolution images... 2 Megabytes ones, are welcome at my mail box adress...as i am crazy to watch images and i have thousands in my computer....yes..i am crazy as many others are crazy too...they tollerate, even crazy people here, unless they do not follow the forum rules, they will be free to cooperate and enjoy.

Take a look at forum rules...will be good to see that we are really free beeing educated...the others, bad guys, will face 7 feet tall moderators!..hehe

panzertoo@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

Pics as promised

Front, back and insides, which seems to be the convention!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Any observations? Like 'why are the power supply caps different!'
Long story...

I also have a class D...here is one picture.

The amplifier you see atop is a Symassym.

My class D is nice..i like it..but has absolutelly no sound stage.

Sonics comes from the speakers...separations is absurd, enormous.

And i have problems to find deepness on instruments...very strange that..sound comes from the speakers and finish!

150 Watts RMS each channel too...over 4 ohms too.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• class d and sym...jpg
    class d and sym...jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 895
Some details...
this is not a class D, it's AB, 100w per channel in to 4ohms.

The reason the caps appear to be different is because I'd originally planned to power both power modules with one power supply, and ordered parts accordingly.
Then I thought, why compromise? and ordered a second set of parts. Dunno why they look different, they're all 50v 4700uf and the same make???

Yes, Carlos, the amps are fully encapsulated, but I'll confess they were bought like that, not my work!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.