Pioneer SPEC 2 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th May 2007, 12:43 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Default You can thank Rickey all you like, but he is wrong. The bias diodes don't have a bloo

Hi Echowars,

I am new in this forum and my post is previously revised by the moderator, my excuses for the delay in my response for you. First, I thank him a lot their time invested in getting all this information so complete and accurate that you sent me, it has truly been very valuable, mainly the resistance mensurations and ranges of temperature, with these data, I'll already be able to obtain a P.T.C equivalent thermistor, again my excuses for not having answered before.
I have another question about this amp.
Do you know which is the replace for transistors 2SB630A and 2sd610A ??

Thank's in advance.
Old 5th May 2007, 03:40 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Use the MJE15032 and MLE15033. They do a fine job.
Old 5th May 2007, 04:05 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi Echowars,
Thank you for all your informaction.
Best Regards !!
Old 14th May 2007, 10:17 PM   #14
camforu is offline camforu  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Pioneer spec 2 amplifiers

Ive recently got ahold of 2 pioneer spec 2 amplifiers, which both have problems. I have a tech here were i live , which im not a 100% sure of . Just wondering if there is someone out there that knows these amps well . And doesnt see it as a pain in the rear to make right . 1 amp has really bad distortion on 1 side and the protection light stays on in 1 amp. Ive already invested good money to purchase these amps , had one repaired.That cost a good chunk , but it didnt bother me to pay it because i know what i want in the end . Brought it home and it played for about 45 minutes until it started smoking! The tech seems to think its my fault , i removed a perfectly good working phase linear400 from my setup and replaced it with the repaired spec 2. That didnt last to long . Pulled the spec2 out and put old faithful phase linear back in . My system is working just fine . I find it hard to believe its my fault. Speakers are 8 ohm. He did replace the speaker terminals on the back , which on the inside the studs i noticed was very close to the heat sinks about 1/8 max maybe less . Could these arc across causing my amp to short out . It blew my output transistors he says .And he dosent understand why. He keeps saying it something wrong in my setup? Please help Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!