Motorola Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My name José J make joke again.

The Century had front wheel drive and was manufactured with the notorious LT6 V6 Diesel engine option.(just like Olds Cutlass + Pontiac 6000)
Worst cars with the worst diesel engine in the world, 86 horsepower from 262ci. (when it worked)
Swap LT6 for LS6, get it ?

Nice amplifier...and folks love Mopar too.

I have a neighboor with a Chevelle Malibu...he parks in front of my house... I love that car.

I found this one in my garage...ahahahahah.

This Motorola amplifier is fine my friend...sorry by this fast off topic....i am going.

gone!

Carlos

Attachments

• img_6860.jpg
    img_6860.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 535
Workhorse said:
lacks Triple deep darlington Emitter Follower output stage

Funny enough, the 200 watt version of this 10 year old experiment for the shortlived Motorola 2SA1302/2SC3281 "clones" does copy the Locanthi triple darlington output from the original low feedback amp developer. A Leach amp is more attractive, that or go hip with the OnSemi amp in the 2005 application note.

Carlos,
don't start on Beetles, in a few months from now i'm having my neighbor over for the summer BB-Q and he'll be working me over again to fix his VW.
His Beetle convertible always sleeps in the garage, while the AMG ML5.5 and brandnew Saab V6T Aero convertible are outside day and night.
(took me a year and a half to convince him to get an electric fence)

Attachments

• beetlejuice.jpg
    beetlejuice.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 511
Tube_Dude said:
This design embodies the low feedback school , with the VAS stage severely loaded by two 2K7 resistors to ground...

It's not a very low distortion amp... ;)

Why? It's fully complementarized (with some little tricks on input stage/VAS interface which further enforce the complementarization). IMHO a THD not greater than of 0.05 % at roughly 80 Watt RMS is to be expected even with low feedback.
The real concern, as in neither all "low NFB" design, are on PSRR side rather than THD or "inner" data. But this is pretty common to this kind of schematics; "lowering NFB" really mean "displacing NFB" from the inner to the outer side of amplifier - in this case mean: the use of a elecronic stabilized PSU if foreseable and that imply, of course, the use of some amount of NFB... outside the main amplifier! ;)

Hi
Piercarlo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.