using AC line Filters on the Secondary side of the Power Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking of using an AC line Filter Module on the Secondary of the Power transformer of a Preamp. This will be in addition to a Filtered Power Entry module on the AC Mains. I plan on using one of those PC Board mounted low Current (2Amp)AC Mains filter module on the secondary of the Power transformer Prior to the Rectifires. My concern is would This be as good as a Discreet component Filtor made from Larger Capacitors and Inductor Than that used in the All ready made Filtor Module? since the Transformer Voltage on the Secondary is alot lower than the AC mains voltage a Filtor Module is designed for would this would be a concern. TIA PPL.....

Thanks.as far as the current being pulled from the Transformer, i think since this is a line stage that the current rating of the coils will not be exceeded, However i wonder if the large 18,000uF capacitors being charged will result in the coil saturating? Hmm... This idea is starting to look less attractive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.