need Kenwood KA-990EX service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you go by specs yes.... but then actually hearing the amp and making a determination of SQ is IMHO another issue... if you believe THD is a measure of sound quality then you are right....

Under normal loads (not resistive the KW uses for testing) the drivers suffer from beta droop.

I added a buffer stage after the drivers in my experiment and the sound was oh so good.

Also note, I drove a pair of speaker lab super 7 (each is a 4 driver, rated nominal 4 ohm overall) in parallel i.e. 2 ohm nominal.

And the sound was excellent. Try a 4 ohm load with a stock KW and you will know what I mean... just my 2 cents.

I still think for the money and "real estate" they are great values.

I also own a thinner profile Kenwood KA-9x (120 wpc) with the class-G OP stage with discrete components (no TA2030) they can be had for $30 on ebay and their output is phenomenal for the weight of the amp.

Hi, from some years i'm searchin' schematic or service manual of vintage Kenwood KA-990EX.
Someone can help me?
many tnx in advance
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
pc161368.jpg

Hi Tino96,

Are you still looking the schematic for yr amp Kenwood KA-990EX ?
I've the schematic for model Kenwood KA-990SD, if you need just e-mail me at touristservices@yahoo.com

The model Kenwood KA-990EX is rather good in sound quality. I am reserving this model KA-990EX in my hi-fi collection and it's in very good condition, such as brand-new :):):). I don't have the schematic for this model but I can take some pictures for you if you need a detailed board image or something like that.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.