esp project 101

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI
It is really a great sounding amp .
Yes you have to purchase the pc boards to have access to the real schematic .
The board are good quality and very cheap . Rod will help if you have any question even if these will be your firs project you can be sure you can finnish it .

Regards

any body has a schematic with components values for esp project 101
Yes
You need to buy a board from Rod Elliott to get the proper schematic.
Concur
It is really a great sounding amp .
Agreed these amps kick butt,Period !! I built two,two channel hi-power version.They sound excellent....Do yourself a favor "buy the boards"

;) Dave

Attachments

• tgz 1&2.jpg
    tgz 1&2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,837
will do !!!!

finally we will buy the project 101 .......the truth is that i dont need to construct the project ...i only want to compair it with legend 8 and legend 4 me and sakis east_electronics@yahoo.gr working on

project 101 is not quasi like legend but drive should be arround the same ...we both like to investagate that .....

will see....... all ready contact rod elliot and now making shiping arangements

thanks

sierramike

we are friends

and started to construct legend 4 for sakis and legend 8 for me

we run int the same problems ....both

probably dr bora missed that rail voltage was arround 66 volts or sakis or both ..... whatever any way ...this circuit cannot operate as is in this voltage .....

we both now look if there is any chance to make any changes to get this running safelly .....

the truth is that we are constructing amps together ...we have to make about 15 each ......we have to construct in various forms stereo or mono or amplified speakers etch etch

we have to make all this and give almost for free to school for kids with special needs and used in music and multimedia courses for some really talented kids....

we are getting kind of rush now cause a) we are late and b ) we spended a lot of money ( that doesnt belong to us ) in making pcb and mosfets for a project that doesnt work .....

neet eee.....

ESP Project 101 - Lateral MOSFET 2SK1058 + 2 SJ162

sierramike said:
any body has a schematic with components values for esp project 101
i heard is very musical and extremelly powerfull
thanks

:) This is one good mosfet amplifier
:) No doubt about it

if we have some basic knowledge we can easily figure out components values
we probably have 200-300 persons at this forum that can do this

As this amplifier is very basic with few transistors
is easy to try some different current settings
for the different stages: input - vas -output
and see what works well.
---------------

As can be seen in this schematic Rod Elliott even tells us which transistors he use :)
2SK1058 and 2SJ162 should be possible to buy almost every country.
They are Lateral MOSFET from Japan.

Regards Lineup :cool: Lineup Audio Labs

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

can anyone plzzz give me the real values of the components of this amp....????

Buy a board from Rod and you will get the info you seek. Otherwise I doubt anyone that has the component values will surrender them. Its kind of a promise we all made to Rod upon the purchase of his boards. The component values are intellectual property of Rod Elliot.

Last edited:
The reccomended Exicon MOSFETs don't appear to still be available:

Lateral Mosfet

unless the ECX10N20/EXC10P20 are also suitable? The Hitachi/Renesas devices seem to have dissapeared completely from UK suppliers now.

Perhaps these would be suitable:

ACD100NSD Lateral Mosfets - Class-d Limited
ACD102PSD Lateral Mosfets - Class-d Limited

Not sure how specific the devices need to be in this design.

I've built 3 using the bought PCB. It makes for very easy construction and it certainly is a good amp, great for bass especially :)

Buy a board from Rod and you will get the info you seek. Otherwise I doubt anyone that has the component values will surrender them. Its kind of a promise we all made to Rod upon the purchase of his boards. The component values are intellectual property of Rod Elliot.

XEAGLEKEEPER: :up:

riddickbt: It´s just US$20/pcb...
About the rest from XEAGLEKEEPER post, please see Rods - ESP HP...

Cheers,

I've built 3 using the bought PCB. :)

Hi Dr. EM,
I've built only two (Mom & baby)... :crying: ;)

I've built 3 using the bought PCB. It makes for very easy construction and it certainly is a good amp, great for bass especially :)

Yes, it certainly is a very good amp... also very good for mids!

Cheers,

Attachments

• Baby ESP P101.jpg
    Baby ESP P101.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 734
  • Mom ESP P101 & P88.jpg
    Mom ESP P101 & P88.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 747
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Hey, I might choose to build this amp

reason, I have two monster trafos, 2x 38V/25A
and I have 8 pairs of Renesas, thightly matched
also have 4 big heatsinks
seems all I need to buy is supply caps, and a few components

I would like to build with 4x output pairs
hardwired output stage
and I will ofcourse buy board(schematic and boom)

Any reason not to ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.