New guy on the block

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please allow me to introduce myself, I am a man of wealth and taste...

Seriously though, I am renewing my interest in audio design. My interest goes all the way back to grad school in 1976, when I designed a VMOSFET class-D amplifier for my master's thesis.

Since then, I have worked at AT+T Bell Labs, several startups, and, for the last 15 years, at Intel. My area of expertise is high speed (1-10 GT/s) signal integrity and associated front-end analog circuits.

Audio provides me with a relaxing diversion where it is feasible to use lumped element models rather than S-parameters and convolution/FFT to transition between time and frequency domain representations of circuits and interconnects.

I am currently using a derivative of HSPICE (Agilent's ADS) to design solid state power amplifiers and preamplifiers. The circuits are designed and are currently in PCB layout. Stay tuned for measurement results.

If the simulations prove accurate, it should be possible to achieve >120 distortion+ noise SNR for the power amplifier, and an Rs noise for the preamplifier of a 100 ohm resistor at 300 deg K, with distortion figures well below the Rs noise floor.

JCM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.