look at this schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this schematic is from bora legend 4 which i changed resistors that feed vas amp MJE340 in order to maintain 5.5 ma curent flowing from it and finally operate at 66+66 volts ....

all my changes are marked in red and the original value of the resistors where 4K7 and another 4K7 plus the input capacitor that was 1mfd and plus thecapacitor of vas amplifier that originally didnt exist

all these mods where done to work the amp at 66+66 volts

your opinion is very welcome thank you

east_electronics@yahoo.gr

Attachments

• post schematic.jpg
    post schematic.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 648
Hi,

A pair of IRFP250 needs about 3,3mA gate current at 20kHz. So I would choose higher VAS current, say 10mA. (change 6k8 > 3k0/1W)
Then with 3k0+3k0 "CCS-resistors" I'd change 470uF bootstrap cap to 100uF.

Your actual gain is 27dB, so for 200W/8 Ohms you'll need 1,8V. I would rather choose 1V input sensitivity.

What is the purpouse of the serial resistor (looks 620R) between VAS transistors collector and the Vbe multiplier?
And what about the 680R (?) resistorbetween the Vbe multiplier and the upper output fet's gate reistors?

The low-freq rolloff in the feedback loop is 0,7Hz. That's OK.
But in the input 0.47uF and 10K gives 34Hz! That's need to be divided by ten, 3,4Hz will be just perfect. So change input capacitor to 4,7uF.

Your LTP's tail current iis now 6,6mA. That's too much! 2mA would be OK. So change 10K tail resistor to 33k.
Or give your LTP a real CCS. That will dramatically increase the PSRR of your amplifier (now with that RC-filter and single resistor CCS the PSRR is bad - I'm sure.)

VAS's BE-resistor's value (680R?) is false. With 66V rails and 10k tail resistor 200R would be the OK value. With the 33k modification suggested by me the 680R value is just OK.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.