Inside a Burmester 828 MkII....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aarrgh!

One of my Burmester 828 MkIIs just popped a paper in oil cap in it's ***, just when I was about to sell them too!

Luckily I was sitting by when I heard the first sizzle and unplugged it and tipped it on it's side straight away so I hope I've prevented much damage..

This might turn into a 'help me fix it' thread but first I'm just offering photos for any that are interested. Might be good for cloners or those just interested..

Lots of Sanken transistors in here..

Let me know if you want close-ups of anything in particular and I'll post them up, starting tomorrow night.

Can anyone point me in the direction of paper-in-oil caps for these or are they more trouble than they're worth and should be replaced with non-oil ones?

Supposedly they were serviced in 2003 (I have the receipt) so I'm going to see if Burmester have a waranty on their work - think that's a long shot though.

- Nat

Close ups that could reveal some of the schematic and the other components used would be great.

Burmester is known for being the only high-end brand that isn't ashamed of prefering integrated circuits, so let us see what kind of opamps and other chips he uses to 'rock your world'.:cool:

Burmester ...

plz lets have a look inside this famous piece of electronics and the stuff you own about it...

the paper in oil caps grow old, age...

repair is recommend.... ;-))

its Burmester...its high-end...it pays

(unfortunately i ve never enjoyd this sound...;-(()

Nrik said:
Close ups that could reveal some of the schematic and the other components used would be great.

Burmester is known for being the only high-end brand that isn't ashamed of prefering integrated circuits, so let us see what kind of opamps and other chips he uses to 'rock your world'.:cool:

I don't know about "only high-end" and "ashamed." But then, I'm not sure I know what them words mean.

Anyway, this has integrated circuits: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpreamps/106ml/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.