Failure from LTspice updater

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

My latest update attempt failed: I ran LTspice as an administrator, as usual, but I got this message:

attachment.php

I tried two more times, with the same result. I made no change to the machine since the last successful update.

I then disabled the firewall, antivirus, but to no avail. Ideas? similar problems?

Last edited:
So it looks like I'll have to move to version XVII, but judging from comments gathered on the net, I may have a rough time.

Do you think it would be possible/prudent to keep both versions on the same machine?

If not, how to migrate smoothly and easily from one version to other, transferring all the personal libs, data, etc. I have added during many years.
Does the installation process take care of all this?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The latest update for LTXVII is much longer than normal.

LTIV and LTXVII can exist quite happily alongside each other as each will have its own program folder. There is no overlap which means you will have to copy any unique models over.

You might want to look at this and the earlier posts by myself:
Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII). From beginner to advanced.

All is still good after applying this fix :)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Good to know that its basically problem free for you. The above fix (link to other thread) is certainly working for me and I now hope Mike Engelhardt will look into this further, hopefully coming up with a more universal solution.

I wondered whether it could be anything to do with multiple processor cores and the way the program might be allocated... but that's way outside my knowledge and so little more than an interesting thought at this stage .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.