winISD / Box help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright, so I've been struggling trying to find tutorials and such online for a couple days now, with no luck. My issue I'm having, is that when I input my Woofer into winISD and try creating a ported box, it recommends me this absurdly big box (like 70'000 ft3), and when I change the cubic feet of the box, to something more reasonable, (like 4-5 cubes) the transfer function magnitude chart shows a slow incline all the way until it peaks at 60ish Hz at like +8-9DB and then leveling out. loading up other woofers that are preloaded from winISD works fine with peaks at 25 Hz or wherever the box is tuned to. One cause for this I've found is a high Qts of the sub, which I know isn't really ideal for ported, but I don't really like the output of a sealed box.So, this leads me to conclusion then, are these winISD graphs normal? am I even looking at the right graph? if so then how do I improve them/ make it so that I can make a reasonable sounding box? Does the huge bulge at 60 Hz mean im losing output at lower freqencies? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ~Austin
winISD%20parameters_zpsowd1fadj.jpg

Sub parameters in WinISD
sub%20parameters_zpskqhxbxqa.jpg

Sub Parameters as measured by DATS V2 (I should mention that this sub was broken in, and didn't know the stats of it because I built it custom)
winISD%20graph_zps3dzddrtl.jpg

Graph on WinISD of my sub

It does depend sometimes on which parameters you are putting into Win isd first. The programme will auto-calculate some parameters which may differ slightly from the measured ones. Worth double checking this and double checking the Winisd measurement proceedure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.