Could anyone help to verify my PCB routing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Verify pcb routing ?
1/ Verify it matches schematic ?
2/ Verify track layout is star ground etc ?
3/ Verify there are no clearance errors ?

1/ your software should be able to do an integrity check.
2/ You need to provide layout in picture form so we can see it.
3/ Your software should be able to do clearance checking.

If your software cant do 1 and/or 3 junk it.

TO add to what nigel, et al said...
IS:
1) the schematic correct? I haven't seen a dynalo using BC550/560 parts (the original used 2SA1015/2SC1815 IIRC). If you can get 2SJ74/2SK170s, you can't get those? Not saying the BC parts won't work...
2) R9/R10... use 620/680R instead of 500R
3) I think there are several layouts around?
4) Did you run it by Kevin (I know him) before you put his name on your board layout of his IP?

Kevin has had numerous designs run unapproved and sold as substandard goods on taobao, alibaba, etc. Some also positioned as high end high $$$ equipment (which they are, if done correctly, but more importantly WITH HIS PERMISSION). Don't abuse someone who shares designs so freely!

If these are for your own use, if a) the schematic is correct and using your desired parts, and b) since this was done in Eagle, the board matches the schematic, then...
have at it. PCBs are so cheap anymore, no skin off your *** to run it and see if it works.

One other comment: his original design kind of wasted a now hard to obtain differential pair for a single-ended design. If you have the 2SJ74/2SK170s, you would be better off building a fully-balanced ss dynalo, with the gerbers freely available, rather than the circa 2000 or so original single-ended design, which simply grounded the - input.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.