speaker measurement file analysis software?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i want to try to measure my speakers. ive got a tascam dr-05 handheld audio recorder. could i record my speakers playing a sweep and have some sort of software give me a frequency response chart from that? i also have the little dayton audio mic for tablets, the imm-6, if that would be easier or work better. never opened it. id prefer to not have to buy an app, but i could if its the best way. need simple and user friendly, dont have the patience for anything complicated.

REW is just fine and easy for just measuring and analyzing! It is not ideal for getting data for a simulator program, but I think that it is the most user-friendly for analyzing a speaker or room response eg. different placement of speaker/listener. It's Help feature is very good! Warmly recommended!

i was thinking about a mini dsp, but, i think rabbit hole sounds about right. i went ahead and got audio tools for my tablet. speakers seem to be +/- 5 db from 15k down to 40, where i listen to them, so im going to leave well enough alone. is there a program that will give me a graph from an audio file recording of a sine sweep?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.