Testing speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone.
I’m once again tapping the large volume of knowledge on this site.

I’m pretty new to speaker design, but I’ve managed to stumble my way through a design and build. Now that I have my speaker I want to be able to test it. This is where I’m getting lost. So I have a few questions.

First off what’s a decent audio software for testing speakers for macs. I don’t mind paying for software but I don’t want to be paying a ton for analyzing my garage built speakers, so the cheaper side of things would be preferable.

I’m also by no means a professional so a more basic software that gets the job done is fine.

Is there any specific equipment I may need. Besides my laptop, software and a mic? (A good recommendation for a mic would help as well.)

Once again thanks everyone!

Hello
If you need quick and cost effective Loudspeaker Testing equipment then go for "DATS"- for T/S parameters. It's also do Inductance and Capacitance measurement.
OMNI mic V2- this mic set along with Software CD could do all your Acoustic measurements of Loudspeakers like Frequency Response testing, Bass Decay, Distortion etc.
Both the equipments are available on Partsexpress.

Is an OmniMic V2 system substantially more accourate / sensitive / linear than REW with UMIK-1 combination?

I am asking becouse I would like to know if it's worth upgrading from UMIK-1 and REW. I need quality and easy solution for general in-room audio measremens such as reverbation time, in-room acoustic energy distribution, targetting modal resonances etc. Ocassionally it would be used for loudspeakers measurements but only as a secondary system along with DATS V2..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.