Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

"NEW" Autodesk Eagle now has SPICE
"NEW" Autodesk Eagle now has SPICE
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th October 2017, 03:52 PM   #1
Krisfr is offline Krisfr  United States
diyAudio Member

Default "NEW" Autodesk Eagle now has SPICE

Autodesk is offering a new version of Eagle PCB layout program with SPICE built in. Has anyone used it and is it compatible with LTSpice?
Old 23rd October 2017, 01:40 PM   #2
ergo is offline ergo  Estonia
diyAudio Member

Where are you seeing this - on their web site I can not see this on the feature list
PCB Layout Software Features | EAGLE | Autodesk
Old 23rd October 2017, 02:49 PM   #3
Krisfr is offline Krisfr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo View Post
Where are you seeing this - on their web site I can not see this on the feature list
PCB Layout Software Features | EAGLE | Autodesk
I do not see it either.

I went on their forum, and asked the question. This is their response.

I quote:

"I hope you're doing well. You can use the LTSpice functionality that is currently in EAGLE to import the LTSpice schematic into your EAGLE schematic. Once it's in EAGLE you can then prepare it so that it works with EAGLE's built in ngspice engine.

The LTSpice schematic itself can not be opened directly in EAGLE and it's format is not strictly SPICE although it is text based. I suspect that you will run into some issues. Please feel free to reach out if you have any problems.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Best Regards,"

They are supporting it, BUT IMHO they are just not quite ready to do the whole job on it.

We will have to see what the future holds.

Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 03:13 AM   #4
djoffe is offline djoffe  United States
diyAudio Member

I have taken schematics captured in Eagle, and exported them to LTspice. Typically, there's a lot of complaining about missing this and that, but it did successfully export the wiring, into which I could drop LTspice models manually. So to that level, it was useful...but it would be nice if the model business was a bit smoother.

I have started to try to sort this out on occasion, but didn't get far enough fast enough to make this a really worthwhile use of time.

"NEW" Autodesk Eagle now has SPICEHide this!Advertise here!