"NEW" Autodesk Eagle now has SPICE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Where are you seeing this - on their web site I can not see this on the feature list
PCB Layout Software Features | EAGLE | Autodesk

I do not see it either.

I went on their forum, and asked the question. This is their response.

I quote:

"I hope you're doing well. You can use the LTSpice functionality that is currently in EAGLE to import the LTSpice schematic into your EAGLE schematic. Once it's in EAGLE you can then prepare it so that it works with EAGLE's built in ngspice engine.

The LTSpice schematic itself can not be opened directly in EAGLE and it's format is not strictly SPICE although it is text based. I suspect that you will run into some issues. Please feel free to reach out if you have any problems.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Best Regards,"

They are supporting it, BUT IMHO they are just not quite ready to do the whole job on it.

We will have to see what the future holds.

I have taken schematics captured in Eagle, and exported them to LTspice. Typically, there's a lot of complaining about missing this and that, but it did successfully export the wiring, into which I could drop LTspice models manually. So to that level, it was useful...but it would be nice if the model business was a bit smoother.

I have started to try to sort this out on occasion, but didn't get far enough fast enough to make this a really worthwhile use of time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.