Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

How to calculate SPL with filters in Excel
How to calculate SPL with filters in Excel
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th September 2017, 09:28 PM   #11
Windforce85 is offline Windforce85  Poland
diyAudio Member

Nice, it also works. Could you also help with Linkwitz transform transfer function in the same fashion?
Old 26th September 2017, 10:24 PM   #12
djoffe is offline djoffe  United States
diyAudio Member

save me a lookup...show the polynomial in s form of the transfer function you seek.
Old 26th September 2017, 10:28 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

By the time I managed to solve it different way, all done. Thanks for your effort! I will show something when it will be ready.

Cheers,
Damian
Old 16th October 2017, 08:36 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I managed to create this excel tool which is simulating various drivers in sealed boxes. You can apply various filters, low pass, high pass, Linkwitz transform and even set auto-gain for LT output to not exceed input level. Drivers are simulated in two channels (red, green) which can be compared and amp/box channels can be joined to quick comparison of drivers in same boxes or same amplifier power. Many interesting graps is displayed, SPL, magnitude response, electrical and acoustical, power drawn from amplifier (apparent) and power dissipated in driver (true), voltages and power, EQ'ed or not, and power or excursion limited SPL (not shown)...

Click the image to open in full size.

But I still have the trouble in evaluating box stuffing influence on impedance and especially on Qb and Fb values. I did much on my own but I need your help in evaluating formula to calculate Vb (volume) and Fb (resonance f) with given Qb alignment, for example Q=0,5 or 0,71. It would be easy if there was no box losses taken into account. But they are here and I cannot solve the box electrical model in order to find Vb and fb with given Qb (alignment Q) and Qa (absorbtion)...

If someone evaluate such a formula for me I can even give this spreadsheet to him for free.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Windforce85; 16th October 2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 7th November 2017, 10:43 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Can someone help me on influence of driver's inductance on SPL and excursion? Now it is calculated from purely mechanical box-driver model so it can't take inductance into account. I saw in many software that large inductances makes SPL descending at higher frequencies and 'peaky' around box resonance. How to calculate it? Thanks!

How to calculate SPL with filters in ExcelHide this!Advertise here!