Strange Eagle Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anybody else found this problem?

I opened Eagle 7 and selected open library. I right-clicked the library I wanted to edit and made a copy. All seems fine, I proceed to edit the copy of the library and hit save.

When I look in the lbr folder using windows file explorer the new copy of the library is not there! :confused:

However, it does continue to show when I brows the lbr folder using Eagle. I can edit, save and use the new library. I looked at the file permissions and it is not hidden nor read only etc..

I had a similar problem. Windows was writing to a virtual directory and did not change the files set in the options settings. I moved the Eagle user files to Documents to fix the problem.
Also, check if the attributes of the files are not read only.

Disabling Windows 7 Virtual Store | InterWorks, Inc.

Thanks I think that will work. I found if I save on the desktop the file appears. If I save anywhere in the program files folder it doesn't show up in file explorer but Eagle still sees it.

Would it help to run Eagle as Admin?

EDIT: Yes run as Admin allows Eagle to save in the lbr directory and it shows up in file explorer.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.