Help with LTSpice... or something else?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Try grounding the load on the secondary, also why do the transient and AC analysis have different nodes?

The grounding seems to have done the trick - the wave gain behaves more as expected now.

I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you're asking in the second part of your question; I was comparing input and output wave shapes to see the distortion when I noticed the odd gain changes.

Is there an easier way to find what distortion types are in effect, e.g. harmonic, IM, etc?

I took a look at the FFT output but I don't know how to interpret it. :eek:

Using LTSpice to learn is not going well

I have a new issue, and once again I'm not sure if it's down to my misunderstanding of circuits or LTSpice.

For the circuit below (not complete!) I have displayed what LTSpice is showing me the waveforms are at various points.
I was expecting to see wav-1 and wav-1-inverted to be zero-based and show a wave of approx +/- 12v. I also expected the waves for plate-1 and plate-2 to be the same, but inverted.

Is it me not understanding the circuit, or LTSpice needing some help to find it's feet?

Attachments

• LTSpice_s.jpg
    LTSpice_s.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 29
  • LTSpice_waves.jpg
    LTSpice_waves.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 25
  • PP UL Cathode Playtime 6L6GC.asc
    3.7 KB · Views: 29
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.