ECX10N20, ECX10P20 models

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ECX10N20

Hi

I found a model for ECX10N20 on the LTspice Yahoo Group Files, but unfortunately not for the P version.

I suggest you join the group if you are not already a member and ask there if anyone has models for these devices.

Stephen

Attachments

• ecx10n20.txt
    747 bytes · Views: 257
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Excellent, thanks for this. I think the thread you are referring to may be this one:

Better power MOSFET models in LTSpice

Stephen

Thanks. It could well have been in that thread somewhere. Ians models are terrific.

I use a couple of those bridged for a push-push IB sub. "virtually bomb proof" as the construction sheet that came with the kit said :)

I seem to remember the 'Bomb Proof' blurb from the Maplin catalogues of the day. The Lateral FET's are super though and I've never blown one yet, and that includes the time I accidently shorted an output line to one of the rails (the JLH 90watt lateral FET amp).

Here is the Maplin amp for anyone wanting try adding those models out.

Attachments

• Maplin Lateral Fet Amp.asc
    5.8 KB · Views: 226
I've 6 pairs of the old Hitachis still going strong, in various topologies, managed to destroy one a while back but was lucky to find one on eBay for £15, sounds a lot but, hey-ho, they are getting scarce. Re, the maplin amp, before I knew any better I was playing around with NFB gave it 100%, no means to measure but nothing happened and it sounded ok!

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Not many amps would survive with 100% NFB but I just tried it on the Maplin in simulation and its basically stable apart from at the highest levels. Surprisingly really.

Vin and Vout overlaid with the lower feedback return OC.

Attachments

• M1.JPG
    M1.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 621
  • M2.JPG
    M2.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 624
Thanks Mooly, that's interesting/impressive. Perhaps it remained stable because it's such a simple amp. I liked the sound of it when I did that, very "tight" sounding. I kept it that way for a number of years until I needed more power from it
Of course, I didn't run it at those kind of voltages, direct cd player as source

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.