inverse RIAA RTA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can someone recommend a RTA software that includes native support for inverse RIAA output from it's built in audio generator? A plugin is OK, as long as I don't need to program Macros or anything like that. I want something that in addition to flat output, can adjust its level to match an inverse RIAA with a precision equal to whatever the limits of your sound card are. Free to $100 price range. Something like Right Mark. I am not aware of that being a feature in RMA. Thank You!!

Looks to me like you need to create a file, save the file, play back the file to get it to do IRIAA. And Sox doesn't seem to be an RTA, it looks like a file conversion program. It seems odd to me that if a RTA can generate a triangle wave or a square wave, that I shouldn't need to jump through hoops to get a sine wave, level shifted to match an IRIAA curve. Are there other options out their?

Hi, i have managed to record a WAV file of a slow 10Hz - 20Khz sweep, which i've applied the Inverse RIAA filter to. It's too large @ nearly 6Mb to upload here. If you like i can email it to you, if you PM yours to me.

If you would like an alternative test noise file with the Inverse RIAA filter applied to it, for eg Sine/White/Pink, let me know.

Can someone recommend a RTA software that includes native support for inverse RIAA output from it's built in audio generator?

May test with my evaluation SW... may out of scope but with richer function set out of the box. Inverse using generator or/and analyzer using FFR (Fast frequency response) with related inverse spectrum math.

Keep in mind that you may get into a level issue (lose to sound card noise level) & ground current / noise.

Hp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.