trouble measuring T/S parameters with RoomEQWizard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good morning,

I'm trying to determine the Thiele-Small parameters for a DAS audio 8" woofer using Room EQ WIzard on a macbook pro. I'm using the built in inputs and outputs (yes, the computer is THAT old...). The problem is, I have done the free air and multiple measurements with up to 31 grams of blutack putty with two different resistors (100 ohms and 16.5 ohms). REW is not able to calculate the T/S parameters. It gave me two different error messages.

When I used the 100 ohm resistor, it complained that the DC resistance is too high. With the 16.5 ohm it complained the DC resistance is too low.... :confused:

I also had to add 31 grams of weight before REW was happy with the distance between the reso peaks (54,8 and 36,1 hertz).

Any ideas or suggestions what could be wrong?

I'm certain that my wiring is exactly as described in the REW user manual. I'm using a DIY breakout box with banana plugs to connect the setup.

Should I use a different shunt resistor ? Something between 16.5 and 100 ohms? (maybe two 100 resistors in parallel?)

Or should I use a small power amp instead of the headphone outputs?

Attachments

• REW_TS_sixteenohm.png
    REW_TS_sixteenohm.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 144
  • REW_TS_hundredohm.png
    REW_TS_hundredohm.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 142
  • REW_TS_graphs.png
    REW_TS_graphs.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 144
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.