VituixCAD

You have the option to include in the database the following...

Every user can add new drivers and parameters to local database and fix incorrect data. If you want to share the data with others, copy+paste new rows to a text file and send to me. I will add to online database.

Instructions for large updates:
1) Backup user\Documents\VituixCAD\Enclosure\VituixCAD_drivers.txt.
2) Update local database with Update drivers function (context menu of driver grid, see user manual):
Data source: Online database
Parameters to Update: All i.e. click exclamation button [!]
Check Add new drivers
Check Update existing drivers
Start update with OK button.
Save database.
3) Enter new drivers or modify existing data.
Verify carefully that you don't make doubles by adding already existing drivers. For example Tymphany drivers have their "old" Peerless and Vifa names. Manufacturer of Seas Excel line is Seas (not Excel).
Add date and your name to Updated field in format: yyyy-mm-dd/First Lastname. Data might be skipped without this information.
4) Save database.
5) Send VituixCAD_drivers.txt to kimmo.saunisto@g... Write date(s) and name you entered to Updated field to the message. Possible other information: what parameters are updated, what manufacturers are added etc.

^I suppose complete extended Z model parameters Re, Leb, Le, Ke and Rss are available for Scan-Speak drivers only. Re+Le only gives very inaccurate result with most on the drivers. Therefore users should primarily enter Re, Z1k and Z10k. Program uses those three values if >0 Ohm. Z values could be measured or extracted from datasheet with suitable program such as SPL Copy by nth Technologies.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi kimmosto,

I have recently noticed your program and although I haven't yet had the time to look at it in more detail it looks interesting, useful, and helpful ... ;-)

One question, though: I'm mainly interested in either electrostatic or magnestatic loudspeakers (circular ones with a vented or bass reflex design) and so my question is if your software can be set up to simulate such loudspeaker designs? (Just a short reply is fine as I won't be looking much into this right now - FYI, but would be feasible to know if it's possible)

Cheers,

Jesper

^I suppose complete extended Z model parameters Re, Leb, Le, Ke and Rss are available for Scan-Speak drivers only. Re+Le only gives very inaccurate result with most on the drivers. Therefore users should primarily enter Re, Z1k and Z10k. Program uses those three values if >0 Ohm. Z values could be measured or extracted from datasheet with suitable program such as SPL Copy by nth Technologies.

Thank you, but when I have Re, Leb, Le, Ke and Rss, It is better to use those like R1k and R10k, or are they interchangeable? It looks like yes, i tried it.

...electrostatic or magnestatic loudspeakers (circular ones with a vented or bass reflex design) and so my question is if your software can be set up to simulate such loudspeaker designs?

Can't simulate complete electronics (transformers etc) for electrostatic, but otherwise I don't see major problems.
Main program is "just" crossover simulator which doesn't care a bit what type the radiators are because input data is frequency and impedance response measurements.
Enclosure tool is designed mainly for electrodynamic speakers, but magnetostatic should work.
Diffraction tool simulates rectangular drivers, though to infinite distance only.