Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2018, 12:18 PM   #521
b_force is offline b_force
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
Voltage measurement works with one extra driver. Any existing driver with loaded frequency responses is okay. Just Open it for voltage measurement.

Click the image to open in full size.
Than you get the graph in dB, not in volts.
Also, it doesn't give the voltage OVER a certain component, but only referenced to ground.
This value can be useful in some cases, like the permissible voltage for capacitors.
Old 12th August 2018, 10:06 AM   #522
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_force View Post
Than you get the graph in dB, not in volts.
Yes indeed, but relative voltage is more readable in wider scale. Linear Volt reading shows mostly peaks. Shouldn't be a problem to calculate 10^(dB/20) with any generator signal voltage user likes.
Generator output is constant 1.0 at the moment to pass through scaling of measurements. Power dissipation window allows user to play with signal level, but that does not interfere sensitivity reading in SPL and Power&DI charts. Different logic in gain chain is also possible in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_force View Post
Also, it doesn't give the voltage OVER a certain component, but only referenced to ground.
What makes you think that? My examples are not meant for only possibility in the world. Free form schematic supports free connection of drivers for 100% sure.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM   #523
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmutziger View Post
The scroll button does not work in the reference angle box, i use i quite alot since i cant disable responses
This is done to rev 2.0.4.4 (2018-08-14) among several less visible improvements.
Reference angle is not yet moved to Crossover tab, though I tested it there. Did not look very logical below Snap group.
Small angle step (5 deg) until 30 deg is valuable alternative for playing with references (imo) because it makes power response more accurate for equalization.
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #524
rich08 is offline rich08  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Kimmo, little question. you could better describe the Q parameters in Enclosure. For example, Ql assume there will be enclosure leaks, Qp is port losses and so on, that's obvious. I mean values definition.
Thank
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #525
diyAudio Member

^Yes, Ql is input parameter for calculating acoustic resistance of leaks (Ral), Qa is input parameter for calculating acoustic resistance of losses in the box (Rab) and Qp for resistance of port (Rap). Those resistances are calculated at system resonance frequency fb by enclosure compliance Ccab.
Link to white paper by Janne Ahonen. See pages 17-20 for example vented box, resistances on page 20. There is calculation example to many/most enclosure types found in Enclosure tool.

You can open acoustical equivalent circuit with calculated values to LTspice. Install LTspiceIV and specify path to scad3.exe in Options window. Open LTspice button is located in Info tab.

Last edited by kimmosto; Yesterday at 08:29 PM.
Old Today, 10:16 AM   #526
Vassilists is offline Vassilists  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Kimmo,

2 questions:

1. The old version of vituixcad was giving different results when changing options from PEQ to IIR, but i do not see any change with vituixCAD2. What to do?

2. When I check crossover of driver in enclosure tool, I do not see any change in the response like it was happening in the old version. What to do?

Thanks again for your great work!
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #527
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassilists View Post
1. The old version of vituixcad was giving different results when changing options from PEQ to IIR, but i do not see any change with vituixCAD2.
I suppose you mean checking or unchecking of 'Active PEQ response as analog RLC' in Options window? (which has not much to do with IIR/FIR selection). Changing of checkbox status does not cause recalculation of active filter responses. You need to change some parameter of peak/notch filter to get updated result. Best choice is to save and reload whole project after changing that setting. (This feature was easier in version 1).

Quote:
2. When I check crossover of driver in enclosure tool, I do not see any change in the response like it was happening in the old version.
Select driver from dropdown list just below 'Crossover of driver' checkbox. Filter transfer function of that driver is feed from main program to driver in Enclosure tool. Selected filter transfer function is visible in Group delay chart on right Y scale.

Quote:
Thanks again for your great work!
Thanks for using VituixCAD!

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!