Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2018, 01:52 PM   #411
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

One option would be forgetting wire nodes and junctions. Many (simple) simulators work without nodes. It's enough that component terminal or endpoint of another wire is lying at the wire. Locating of horizontal components at vertical wires and vice versa is easier, but network parsing would be more complex & slow, and some stretching functions would be different; easier or impossible.

Node system was my favorite but I'm not sure that it is the best compromise.

Last edited by kimmosto; 13th June 2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 13th June 2018, 02:01 PM   #412
DBMandrake is offline DBMandrake  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
It is possible to make a change that wire is terminated automatically also when new node and junction is created. That would require green highlight to maintain the same logic.
I'm guessing that next feature request is that new node and junction should be created automatically if user locates a component (terminal) at existing wire. And next after that is library block... This is endless road if we desire more and more.
Seems to be working well for me now.

My main concern before was that it was possible to construct circuits that look like wires are connected properly complete with a dot at the junction, but the wires were not really connected, so the circuit would not perform as expected, or at all!

That seems to be fixed now, so I don't care if I have to click once or twice to terminate a connection, as long as what I see when finished connecting lines is an accurate representation of the logical circuit state.

Being able to connect to the middle of lines now without fuss makes modifying and building circuits much easier and more intuitive, as it gives complete freedom when placing components and creating connections.

Last edited by DBMandrake; 13th June 2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 13th June 2018, 02:06 PM   #413
diyAudio Member

^Excellent, thank you!
Old 13th June 2018, 03:10 PM   #414
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
...it was possible to construct circuits that look like wires are connected properly complete with a dot at the junction, but the wires were not really connected...
It is still possible that you see black dot (fixed part of component terminal) and wire crossing it, but no connection. Missing red dots was the main problem: terminal with wire didn't show red error dot if another end of the wire was open. That programming challenge is now solved. It was not so bad after a break.
Old 13th June 2018, 03:38 PM   #415
DBMandrake is offline DBMandrake  Scotland
diyAudio Member

While I'm in bug hunt mode I've found that the export schematic option truncates the right hand edge of the text of components if they extend far past the object itself. (I assume a fixed border beside the components closest to the edge is used) Attached is a screenshot of the schematic as well as the exported schematic to show the issue where "Aurum Cantus Left" (and Right) is cut off in the export.
Attached Images
File Type: png Schematic-screenshot.png (84.2 KB, 158 views)
File Type: png Coral_Aurum_Cantus_2_way-VXP2_XO-schema.png (47.5 KB, 149 views)
Old 13th June 2018, 05:06 PM   #416
diyAudio Member

^Yes. That is known feature already discussed on some English forum - maybe here. Width of driver canvas is fixed (for ~13 letters) at the moment, but you can trick the program by adding e.g. short wire on the right. Then crop to smaller with some editor.
Text length detection is very easy to add, but I've skipped that so far.
Old 13th June 2018, 06:51 PM   #417
diyAudio Member

^^New build of rev 2.0.3.5 adapts image width to text length.
Old 13th June 2018, 09:09 PM   #418
wintermute is offline wintermute  Australia
just another
diyAudio Moderator

VituixCAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
I'm guessing that next feature request is that new node and junction should be created automatically if user locates a component (terminal) at existing wire. And next after that is library block... This is endless road if we desire more and more.
hehehe being an LTSpice user I certainly do like how you can place a component in series with an existing wire and it automatically breaks it and inserts the component. Perhaps you could put in some AI that would guess what the user is going to ask for next and pre draw it

Tony.
Old 14th June 2018, 04:46 AM   #419
diyAudio Member

2.0.3.6 (2018-06-14)

* Segment of existing hor/ver wire is splitted and junction created if user drops terminal of a new component to intermediate point. Applies to adding of capacitor, driver, ground, inductor, op amp and resistor. Not moving.
* Right boundary of schematic export image adapted to length of driver's name.

Wire splitting while adding library blocks would be as easy as single components, but they probably need wiring work anyway.
Old 14th June 2018, 09:01 AM   #420
diyAudio Member

Small addition to previous.

Setup of the latest 2.0.3.6 build includes also Library\Passive_blocks_V1.zip containing all blocks of version 1. Unzip files to VituixCAD\Library folder if you have old projects to convert from 1 to 2 or find blocks useful otherwise.
New build enables also purging of this kind of "stupid" blocks without attributes via Tune block window.

Last edited by kimmosto; 14th June 2018 at 09:05 AM.

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!