VituixCAD

I think that we all follow. With freeware the author is the one who finally decides what features will be added and how they work. He makes the biggest work and therefore his opinion about importance has the highest priority. Repeating of arguments or negative criticism wont help much. They just extend discussion thread.

Almost all asked features will be added if I have intellectual resources, enough time, and addition fits to existing framework and design methods I support. Some poor methods and tools such as SPL/Z curve tracing have been added too to support sketching and component selection. I may resist in the beginning, but do not mind that. Message is received and implementation processing.

I've also mentioned donations. It is valid and appreciated way to reward my work but should not be used as prepayment. Cannot give any guarantee that additions will be successfully done. Donations are received from Europe; Germany, Czech Republic, Finland, Poland and few others. By this benchmark only, my work is not respected e.g. in the US, UK and Australia. I may still listen your proposals :D

Last edited:
My main question was that I don't see a reason why the user can't add or remove any kind of graph in the main window?

I suppose you mean using selected "external" chart object e.g. of Enclosure tool inside one of six picture boxes in the main program? That would be possible, but I'm not yet sure that it's the most rational move. I guess typically you are adjusting single parameter of Linkwitz Transform or peaking EQ, and monitoring several charts in Enclosure tool: Excursion, Power/Velocity and Group delay. That may happen once when you finally decide initial compromise between max SPL and bass extension. User needs to click quite many times to make this simple act and then rewind back to normal high priority charts in the main program. Also external window must be adjusted for this action: select the driver, adjust volume, adjust voltage etc.

More rational solution would be locking of filter+driver selection with a list box, adjusting filter parameters and monitoring all three interesting charts with Enclosure tool where they naturally locate. This is much faster way and still shows all important graphs in the main program. Bigger screen than 15" laptop with 1600x900 would be better.

Some other external windows (than Enclosure tool) might be less harmful to show in the main program. And sorry about biasing my opinion with estimated work vs. expected benefits.

Hi,kimmosto.
After several months' use of your work,2 proposals may be necessary as follows:
a.3 chambers of bandpass box can be added to enclosure tool for completeness,including one port inside the front chamber and 3 ports inside each of the 3 chambers.
b.when filling out the TS parameters,pressing save lists only can put the loudspeaker data in stock,but it cannot save the manual design parameters such as box volume,port length & area etc.
Thanks for take these suggestions into consideration.

VituixCAD has a freeware license. Is the program for commercial use too?

License agreement starts with: "The Software is provided as freeware, but only for private or educational, non-commercial use."

In practice I cannot prevent commercial use, and I've given permission to all who has asked. Profitable business could "pay the license" with some decent donation if using of PayPal can be organized. I won't send bill or receipt.

..proposals may be necessary...

Thanks for suggestions. I will consider these.

a. Existing UI layout has room for max two ports and two chambers. This wouldn't be very small and easy addition, though not impossible.

b. Enclosure tool uses default initial values when window is opened, but saving and opening of 'enclosure project' is not yet implemented because Enclosure is quite easy to restore to previous situation at least with common closed and reflex boxes.
P.S. Merger and Diffraction tools have Save & Open because design and settings of the project are probably needed more than once.

Thanks for suggestions. I will consider these.
One more great but unrealistic suggestion for you to see whether it's workable or not:
It's best to work out a full package of measurement & simulation like soundeasy with QC control besides all the common functions.I haven't seen a full package like this though the manufacturer is thinking of how to earn money.Complete package of tools will be super popular but I think it'll cost you the whole lifetime to do so:D The program can also be modified according to diy audio members' request,that's a magnificent feat.
Ok,it may be a goal of future,or a huge project.

Rev 2.0.4.0 (2018-07-26)

Main program:
* Maximum power (Pow parameter) of resistors shown in crossover schematic if View->Power is checked.
* Part numbering of active buffers changed from U8,U9,... to A1,A2,... to help association with power amplifiers in active multi-way.
* Load impedance (magnitude) of active buffers shown in Impedance chart.
* Added 'Load impedance of Buffer' export.
* 'Total impedance' renamed to 'Load impedance of Generator' in Impedance chart and Export.

Power dissipation window:
* 'Output volt-ampere/real power' curves renamed to 'Generator volt-ampere/real power'.
* Output volt-ampere of active buffers shown in chart.

Enclosure tool:
* 'Crossover of current driver' checkbox renamed to 'Crossover of driver'.
* Driver dropdown list added below 'Crossover of driver' checkbox. No need to select driver from schematic in the main program to apply filter transfer function for enclosure calculation.

SPL Trace:
* Added warning 'Low impedance must be >0 with logarithmic scale'.

^Sound pressure is normalized to maintain level of measured responses or voltage sensitivity (dB/1m/2.83V) of drivers no matter how far the design point is located from mechanical origin (0,0,0 point on front baffle) of the speaker. This approach is better; logical and more stable in my opinion. Distance dependent SPL reading might have some advantages, but I've found it just pita.

Rev 2.0.4.0 (2018-07-26)
Enclosure tool:
* 'Crossover of current driver' checkbox renamed to 'Crossover of driver'.
* Driver dropdown list added below 'Crossover of driver' checkbox. No need to select driver from schematic in the main program to apply filter transfer function for enclosure calculation.

Selecting 'Crossover of driver' option affects all graphs except impedance. It should be?

Last edited:
^This is one way link which applies transfer function of selected driver in the crossover to supply voltage of direct radiator in Enclosure tool. Typical application is monitoring of excursion, group delay and power requirement with active filter. Impedance curve in Enclosure tool includes direct radiator only - as it should be.

This kind of one way TF link is not so easy with passive filters because you need to load correct impedance response for the driver(s) in the main program in order to get correct transfer function. Impedance response can be simulated and exported with Enclosure tool after you have selected the driver and radiator type and aligned the box and vents. This is workaround but it's adequate for preliminary design; component selection and enclosure alignment.

Kimmo, how can I properly merge/add baffle diffraction response (exported from diffraction tool) to woofer response to create woofer response with baffle? It seems there is a dB level shift between both, and if I load woofer responses together with diffraction responses as "driver #1" into driver tab, the resulting woofer response is incorrect.

Just had a look at the newest updates.
All seems working fine, thanks again for all the effort :)

Maybe another suggestion, but would it be possible to add a legend at the power graph (or maybe other graphs as well)?
That way it's much easier to see which line is what, especially when they have there own colour.
Now it's a big mess of graphs.

I was also thinking about how to make the wiring a bit more intuitive, but basically you can make every node/connection point act like a draw wire "button".
That way the user doesn't need to go back and forth the whole time.

After working on a pretty complicated 3-way filter it was getting a little difficult to handle my nerves, lol ;)

Kimmo, how can I properly merge/add baffle diffraction response (exported from diffraction tool) to woofer response to create woofer response with baffle? It seems there is a dB level shift between both, and if I load woofer responses together with diffraction responses as "driver #1" into driver tab, the resulting woofer response is incorrect.

Main program uses far field (measurement) data only. Processing of measurement data must be done before loading responses to crossover simulation.

a) Merger tool is designed for summing near field responses and merging to far field responses. Recommended design procedure is listed very shortly in manual on pages 4-5: Checklist for designing a loudspeaker ... Merge and manipulate response data. See also chapter "Merger tool" in English manual on page 33 and video lesson.

b) If you already have far field data to half space instead of near field, half space response can be multiplied by diffraction response (A*B) with Calculator tool. This is valid for axial response only.
Also off-axis responses can be created & added to single half space response with Diffraction and Calculator tools. See video lesson.

c) If you simulate woofer's response with Enclosure tool, you can include baffle response with Enclosure tool. See Directivity tab. This is also axial response only, which is normally inadequate/crap design method.

I suppose we have quite comprehensive list of possibilities for typical box speakers.

Last edited:
..would it be possible to add a legend at the power graph (or maybe other graphs as well)?

I recommend looking output, resistors and drivers separately. Scaling of Y axis is also problematic with all checked. Outputs and drivers are very easy to identify with tooltips. Resistances are not so easy, but interesting thing is to find and cure problematic individuals which "accidentally" exceed Pmax. Peaks are quite visible. Crowded mess close to 0 W line is not interesting.
I don't like legends.

..every node/connection point act like a draw wire "button".

I will try this soon. Implementation should be quite easy also with "soldering wire" cursor at a node or component terminal.

My question was if I could integrate it into crossover simulation.

Some other programs may have simulated driver+enclosure and/or half -> full space conversion integrated with XO simulation. That would make VituixCAD projects quite big and heavy due to acoustical "2.5D" simulation with full off-axis response set in two planes.
Execution of measurements and data processing to full space is part 1 of the project, and XO simulation is part 2. With this system we have valid quasi anechoic data in two planes what can be used for different XO versions; active, passive, hybrid, series, parallel etc. and with different simulators too, without requirement of acoustical simulations and half->full conversions inside the X/O project. This is by far the best delivery limit and approach, imo :)

Very good that it's okay for you.