VituixCAD

That would be a challenge, though some parts of LiveSpice project could be usable. At the moment it is possible to export impulse response of each passive (or active) filter to multichannel convolver or dsp-device (miniSHARC, 2x4HD). That takes a while longer than real-time application with integrated convolver.

Thanks. Whats already present is pretty useful then. Export the impulse response and listen to the XO through something like Jrivers convolver and a multichannel DAC.
But an embedded convolver in vituixCAD allowing real time emulation would be really great.
I agree with your view that there is no substitute for good measurements and simulation. But being able to actually hear the effect of various factors involved and presented in simulations will take this to a whole new level.

Whats already present is pretty useful then. Export the impulse response and listen to the XO through something like Jrivers convolver and a multichannel DAC.

One possible problem with this is that .wav exports are normalized to get full bit-resolution without clipping.

.bin and .txt exports are more suitable for emulation with external convolver because they maintain original gain for each way. miniDSP binary file is "normal" 32-bit IEEE (float) mono.

Could you add a module for half-sine wave measurements like in this document?

I think VituixCAD will stay as a simulator. Measurement program would be different project. Personal motivation for that is also quite low because I already have CLIO FW1+MIC1+10+11, ARTA, justMLS, SoundEasy (very old) and several freewares; HOLMImpulse, REW, ... None is perfect but I can live with those.

Thanks very much Kimmo ! VituixCAD been a very help tool to me for past few month.
I been using to to V1.1.3.1. But today, when I try to update to V1.1.7.0, the installation process was blocked by AVG, due to "Unknown Software" reason, so, my question will be
Is it possible for me to download previous version ? Like V1.1.6.2 or V1,1,6.3?

I second VituixCAD stay as simulation tool, I also use HOLMImpulse & REW, it is good to me - for now.

I been using to to V1.1.3.1. But today, when I try to update to V1.1.7.0, the installation process was blocked by AVG, due to "Unknown Software" reason, so, my question will be
Is it possible for me to download previous version ? Like V1.1.6.2 or V1,1,6.3?

This kind of warnings are common because I'm not registered publisher. Older version does not make any difference. For example this is from my PC (Win10 Anniversary with Defender):

Windows protected your PC
Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.
More info
Don't run

Just select More info and Run anyway.

3- it would be nice to be able to 'step' the color range in the polar plot i.e 0to-2 is a color -2to-4 is a color etc.

Contour lines with graphics methods is doable. It's slow as tired snail because color of every pixel on chart area is read few times. dB step is constant. 5 dB looks okay.

Attachments

• Polar_map_contour_lines.png
    Polar_map_contour_lines.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,238
Yet another for the "keep it a modeler" group. :)

..at hobbyist-pricing there is also:

Complete package all software module

I've got Soundeasy and it's improving it's in-software modeler.. BUT..

I'd pay (about $150) for an add-on to VituixCAD that had a 3D view and diffraction "shell" model IMPORT (like Enclosuer Shop mentions - pg. 8) from FUSION 360 (..which is free-use to hobbyist's - like your program), and a physical driver off-set for the crossover.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview

(..and maybe adding a group of simplistic driver models (diameter and diaphragm/dustcap depth) to the Fusion 360 database for people to "place" in their "shell").

Page 8:

http://quint-audio.com/qaudioengineering/files/encshop_brochure.pdf

^That is no problem to fix by replacing unsupported .NET feature with constant column width. There are more serious problems - at least with mono for Windows which is worthless for VituixCAD.
One uncertainty is that different Linux distros could work differently. This apply also to Wine.

Crossover emulator

@ kimmosto

Hi, this is the sort of thing i was hoping you could incorporate into VituixCAD, as aczern just mentioned ;)

The crossover emulator (or auralizer) makes it possible to emulate the transfer function without the need to build the crossover, in short LspCAD acts as a crossover (with some help from the CPU in your PC), the crossover emulator is a powerful tool when one wish to test various crossver slopes and topologies.

The crossover emulator works with any audio card that has WDM or ASIO drivers.

Untitled

Plus if we could also inject audio, such as for eg .WAV files from inside our hard drives, into the program to feed the emulator, so much the better. Then we could Actually hear how things are progresssing, & alter virtual components in Real Time as we wish :)

...version for Apple users ?

Apple version is not available. You can use Boot Camp to install Windows, but I don't know how .NET apps work.

Will be a optimizer like in LspCAD?

Optimizer would be okay for iterating values of a single way. Target curves and fast adjustment with mouse wheel or up/down keys are already available.

Optimizer is not very easy, fast and stable tool for total responses. It needs at least two target lines (axial & power) and several locks and value limits. The result depends on values at the starting time, iterating order, etc. Using of optimizer could take more time than manual adjustment, and the result could be worse if required targets, limits and locks are not properly set.

I did use optimizer earlier with LspCAD 5.25. Not missed too much with VituixCAD.