AENEAS: Loudspeaker simulation on macOS and iOS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last time I did loudspeaker simulations on a Mac was with TopBox on a PowerMac 7200 running OS 7.6 or 8.1, I did a inital run with AENEAS with Eminence PA driver using different boxes and tuning frequencies. Great Fun I am playing around with two telescopic ports! I have a question with regard to the "Max Linear SPL @ 1m" I get an asymptotic slope from 200 to 10 Hz. With a vented box Max SPL should peak at the tuning frequency where the port works the most and reduces the output from the driver?
Having a proper program so parameters and projects are saved are really nice after running on line versions :)

Can't load files !!

Hi Raphael,

Thank you very much for this Mac software (at last !!!), I purchased it and so far it seemed to work fine. But lately I came back to my DIY projects and found that it now seems impossible to load drivers files, it always comes back to the default Visaton W170s. I'm trying something with a Dayton Audio PS220-8 ; I can save the Data, but can't open the file afterwards... Any thoughts ?
(I'm running MAC OS 10.13.2)
Thanks !!

Cheers from Paris, France,
And a happy new year yo you all !!

Bernard-Pierre Casanova

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Excellent, i am a big Mac fan, missed this thread as it started when i was in hospital… once i dig out my credit card i’ll try it out. I currently have a G5 PowerMac i keep around to run MacSpeakerz under OSX 10.4. If this works as well i will only need to find a web editor and i can retire that machine :^)

dave

well, yes but it lost a bit the focus. Not many support requests, maybe one in the past two years.
And almost no feedback. So any feedback is welcome. Just let me know what you think that could be solved better or which features your are missing. That will be my motivation to continue with it.

I run version 1.4.1 and I can't find a way to create a new driver getting a blank slate instead I have to edit the latest driver loaded and then save that one with new name and paramters. I am missing something?

Well that's exactly the way. A blank driver doesn't make sense, because AENEAS always needs a valid set of data. That is the reason, why the Visaton W170S is the default driver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.