Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

AENEAS: Loudspeaker simulation on macOS and iOS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd March 2017, 02:49 PM   #21
DrBoar is offline DrBoar  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Last time I did loudspeaker simulations on a Mac was with TopBox on a PowerMac 7200 running OS 7.6 or 8.1, I did a inital run with AENEAS with Eminence PA driver using different boxes and tuning frequencies. Great Fun I am playing around with two telescopic ports! I have a question with regard to the "Max Linear SPL @ 1m" I get an asymptotic slope from 200 to 10 Hz. With a vented box Max SPL should peak at the tuning frequency where the port works the most and reduces the output from the driver?
Having a proper program so parameters and projects are saved are really nice after running on line versions
Old 7th March 2017, 08:54 AM   #22
dspverden is offline dspverden  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoerper View Post
support for multiple drivers in a single enclosure would be fantastic!
I've put this on the wish list. Hopefully this feature will be implemented this summer.
Old 7th March 2017, 08:58 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

@DrBoar: I'll verify it. AENEAS calculates a Max. SPL that is limited either by the linear(!) voice coil travel or by the max. electrical power the voice coil is capable of.
Old 2nd January 2018, 06:04 PM   #24
PierreCasanova is offline PierreCasanova
diyAudio Member

Default Can't load files !!

Hi Raphael,

Thank you very much for this Mac software (at last !!!), I purchased it and so far it seemed to work fine. But lately I came back to my DIY projects and found that it now seems impossible to load drivers files, it always comes back to the default Visaton W170s. I'm trying something with a Dayton Audio PS220-8 ; I can save the Data, but can't open the file afterwards... Any thoughts ?
(I'm running MAC OS 10.13.2)
Thanks !!

Cheers from Paris, France,
And a happy new year yo you all !!

Bernard-Pierre Casanova
Old 13th April 2018, 01:43 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Hi Bernard-Pierre.

I am so sorry. I did not see your reply. Sorry, sorry sorry.
Is the problem with loading driver files solved meanwhile or does it still not work for you?
Did you update your MAC OS and since the update it did not work anymore?

Raphael
Old 13th April 2018, 04:33 PM   #26
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Excellent, i am a big Mac fan, missed this thread as it started when i was in hospital… once i dig out my credit card i’ll try it out. I currently have a G5 PowerMac i keep around to run MacSpeakerz under OSX 10.4. If this works as well i will only need to find a web editor and i can retire that machine :^)

dave

AENEAS: Loudspeaker simulation on macOS and iOSHide this!Advertise here!