Construction software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

To this point, all speaker and subwoofer cabinet construction I've done has been just simple math and figuring measurements in my head for bracing, cabinet panels etc. Panels and outside dimensions are easy of course, but I'm an overkill bracing guy and it becomes very tideous to try to work out the best bracing and interlocking panels etc. I'd like to take my cabinet building to the next level and am wondering what software programs I might buy to help with this. I'd like to be able to cad the enclosure and then add the bracing where I'd like it, and be given measurements etc back from the program.

Thanks in advance!

I use inventor but its expensive, I'll have a look at FreeCAD.
Tip, when designing cabinets etc. you can print the design 1:1 and stick it directly on the wood, saves marking up errors, or if you have access to machining (2D, 2.5D will do) have the bits machined.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.