Extreme pure sine (0.0007% THD+N)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For best results one should use "prime frequencies" of the FFT size, and no FFT window, of course. This is also intrinsically self-dithering.
No sample value ever occurs twice in the whole sequence (FFT size) but the sequence itself must repeat perfectly (for the non-windowing to work).
This is whole idea and recipe for the construction.

Unfortunately the maths are simple but few get it. A 1kHz sine wave sampled at 96kHz uses only 96 codes of which only 48 are unique. No dither is necessary because the values and time samples are exact since this is a closed numerical exercise.

Unfortunately the maths are simple but few get it. A 1kHz sine wave sampled at 96kHz uses only 96 codes of which only 48 are unique. No dither is necessary because the values and time samples are exact since this is a closed numerical exercise.

96K sine resampled to 44K sine with dither, in this case dither increase the codes ?

Last edited:

Attachments

• USB Streamer ASIO-4Speed Stereo 768 kHz.png
    USB Streamer ASIO-4Speed Stereo 768 kHz.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Spectrum using 8x speed at 1.536MHz-1.png
    Spectrum using 8x speed at 1.536MHz-1.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 190
But your software is a 'real-time' like Spectraplus or is a 'only reading files ?

- Sound Card realtime MME, WDM, ASIO Sync I/O, ASIO Multi Client, WASAPI Exclusive Input & Output and also on ASIO 2x..8x speed (channel bundling)

- Analise Wave Files

- Analise Text Files

- Wave Generator with various signals

- Level, Power, Spectrum Density, Fast Freq. Response

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/157053-ann-hpw-works-v3-0-pc-based-measurement-system.htmlhttp://

Or download PDF and read on or simple download the evaluation SW for the the homepage :cheers:

Hp

I was plotting the output of external signal generator (like Viktors) over an analog connection input with ASIO driver.
My audio chipset is from
1) Generic Laptop with internal Asus Soundcard (16 bit)
2) Generic PC with external RME Audio Soundcard (24 bit)
3) Generic PC with internal Lynx AES16e Soundcard (24 bit)
my low THD soundcard is the AES16e = -140 flat

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.