Should I Continue with This? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in something like this
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd December 2015, 08:07 PM   #1
jwatts is offline jwatts  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Should I Continue with This?

I've been writing signal processing library for the computational and statistical programming language R. It is getting large and I'm running out of steam and getting burnt out.

The library is geared toward enclosure design and testing. It currently calculates sealed ,vented, bandpass box parameters, auto EBS calculator plus all of it response parameters, frequency response, max power response, max spl of all the enclosure, port properties, TL calculations, driver database manger(SQl Lite), output to sound card includes, sine, square, chirp, pink, white, red noise, etc. accepts most sound card inputs, able to scale the input wave form and produce power spectrum and a truckload of other things. R graphics ability is word class and this software uses the library ggplot2 for graphics. Response plots have several options and color features including linear, logarithmic, and locust plots. This is very well suited to run on a server as cloud type environment using R's web frame work Shiny and so will run fairly well on tablets or phones. One thing I've see is that other pc based enclosure design packages are built on older frameworks and are struggling to operate on more modern operating systems. This will be able to run easier on modern computing devices such as tablets or phones.

My question is this? Should I keep pushing to get this together? Is there a need? Why should I continue to develop?

If I was to wrap this up into single app would you product like this? Please vote.

Last edited by jwatts; 23rd December 2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 1st February 2016, 03:49 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
One thing I've see is that other pc based enclosure design packages are built on older frameworks
Yes, keep it up!
Old 1st February 2016, 09:00 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I like it.
Old 1st February 2016, 09:03 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

That's a very cool setup, as it omnibus's multiple, disparate software. (Fingers crossed it's adopted).

As far as burnout: totally understand. Are you done with enough modules that you could release it as-is and flesh out as you (hopefully!) get feedback?

Hide this!Advertise here!