Out impedance calc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OUT IMPEDANCE CALC - WWW.BONISAUDIO.COM
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

{ OUT IMPEDANCE CALC • V 1.00 • Output Impedance Calculator}
This tool calculate the output impedance with a fixed load resistor, the resistor (RLoad) is used for measuring the output voltage first with full load (V1), then without the load resistor (V2)

I appreciate what you're doing here, but this tool would be more useful if it could accommodate any two arbitrary load impedances. My preferred method for measuring power amplifier Zout is to leave an 8R high-power test load in place and simply parallel another precision resistor to bring total load Z down by a ohm or two. I keep a 25R 1% power resistor handy for this purpose. This method eliminates any possible bad consequences of running a tube amp unloaded, and it yields greater measurement accuracy when amplifier power supply regulation is poor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.