Transient Analysis But 0V DC .OP LTSpice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. First, thank you for reading my post.

I am learning how to use LTspice:snail:. Here is a simple bridge rectifier/smoothing circuit below, along with the .asc file. Transient analysis is roughly matching what my calculator spat out, but I am getting 0V DC opperating point on every node
ntUaGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3RlZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5pbWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzIGF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudWxlYWQuY29tIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IG1vcmUuAVVTU1BDTVQAOw==
. I assume I have made a simple mistake or have a missing Spice directive?

Any help, adivce would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 17.46.45.png

View attachment Filtered DC.asc

Last edited:
Spice doesn't know its a rectifier - how can it? A rectifier is not a DC source - it only approximates a DC source eventually. The .op function examines the circuit at t=0, and the output of a rectifier at that moment is zero.

You have it right there in your schematic - the .trans function should show you all you need to know. Run it long enough and the output will stabilize at some ripply average value, but its still not DC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.