PC O-scope recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone have recommendations for PC based O-scope interfaces? Ideally something less than $200. Something with a near-realtime spectral display would be fantastic, but I don't know if such a thing exists.

I do see some previous threads but they are pretty old, so I thought I'd start a new one.

Sean

Anyone have recommendations for PC based O-scope interfaces? Ideally something less than $200. Something with a near-realtime spectral display would be fantastic, but I don't know if such a thing exists.

I do see some previous threads but they are pretty old, so I thought I'd start a new one.

The device you are looking for is a USB Oscilloscope. Funny you should mention this because based on a recommendation in another thread I ordered one of these https://www.newark.com/pico-technology/picoscope-2205a/oscilloscope-pc-2ch-25mhz-200msps/dp/18X2830?mckv=sqpPWOP6o_dc|pcrid|72631581155|plid||kword|picoscope%202205a|match|p&CMP=KNC-GUSA-SKU-MDC?gross_price=

And it showed up today. But it was very much not at all what I ordered so I'm now trying to get the situation corrected by the vendor.

Well, the more I look into this the more I think I'm looking at the wrong tool. What I'm playing with right now are various discrete mic preamp designs, and I'm most interested in the viewing the harmonic distortion and noise, and both require a lot more bit depth that the typical USB o-scope has.

What I have been using is a 24 bit audio interface (motu) and examining the results in Audition spectral view. It's not that effective for near realtime measurements, which I wanted to speed up the loop time for trial and error testing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.