LTSpice and discrete regulator PSRR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
OK, so what you need to do now is see how that translates to a real build. It will almost certainly be very different because the simulation isn't including the real world behaviour of wiring, component leads, PCB print and so on.

Its really easy to start to chase numbers in a simulation... you have to prove it all now. For example you could try adding a little E.S.R. to the filter caps and see how it affects things. Try adding 5 or 6 small inductors (small as in microhenry value) along that top output line so that all the components are linked via these rather than the output line being a pure zero resistance connection. That will add a little series inductance.

You've done a great job with the sim and I'm not trying to put you off or anything, its just that I know the reality will be different. I've been at that point many times myself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.