Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII). From beginner to advanced.
Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII). From beginner to advanced.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2018, 01:40 PM   #1241
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees52 View Post
Thanks

The big question would be whether it launches the application directly in High mode from simply clicking a .asc file.
Old 21st May 2018, 01:52 PM   #1242
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

None of this should be necessary and I don't really understand how setting high priority in sys32 affects the operation of a 64 bit program.

Mooly are you running a 32 bit version of windows? (I assume that's not the case)

I'm running the latest version of W10 pro on one machine, and W10 home edition (latest) on the other. No problems.
Old 21st May 2018, 02:18 PM   #1243
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

It is a 100% clean installation of W10 Pro x64 made using the latest April 2018 MCT (media creation tool) from Microsoft. All installed onto unallocated SSD. So it should be as good as it gets.

When I installed LTXVII I opted to install just the x64 version, however Mikes latest update (and maybe this happened previously) now adds the x86 executable into the program files. So you can now run the 32 bit version of LT if you wish. No idea why he has done that though.

All I can say is that LT hasn't so much as blinked since upping its priority to high. Task manager confirms it really is running in 'High' mode now.

If I'm lazy and just click a .asc file to open LT, then it still opens in default 'Normal' mode and sure enough... it crashes.
Old 21st May 2018, 03:17 PM   #1244
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkr View Post
None of this should be necessary and I don't really understand how setting high priority in sys32 affects the operation of a 64 bit program.

Mooly are you running a 32 bit version of windows? (I assume that's not the case)

I'm running the latest version of W10 pro on one machine, and W10 home edition (latest) on the other. No problems.
Sometimes thirth party software can make trouble, al pc,s are different, so yours kevinkr has proberly not interupted software installed, when you make spice high priority then you rule out this problem, it is not faster, I have no crashes,but there are problems with simulating sometimes, but can also be me, making mistakes.

regards
Old 24th May 2018, 09:49 AM   #1245
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees52 View Post
En nu voorbereiden op de rechtszaak, de woningbouw wil mijn houtkachel er uit laten halen, telkens last van hun, en de buur, zo kan ik niet echt iets maken, door de stress. Kachel is reukloze (wanneer warm) hoog rendement?
Ahh yes, the problem is no smell does not mean no harm....
Asbestos does not smell. Radioactivity does not smell.
Can you not get them to pay for an alternative? Probably better than fighting the next 10 years.

Jan
Old 26th May 2018, 04:55 AM   #1246
dch53 is offline dch53  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Modelling the 10M45S Switchable Current Regulator

Hi. Iíve completed all the tutorials, created a few models of my own and modified a few models created by others for my own use. Obviously still a lot to learn!

Now Iím trying to simulate tubelabís Unified Driver Board.

As always, Iím finding that the greatest problem with any simulation is finding and integrating models for components for which there arenít any in the standard installation. Suffice to say Iíve been scouring the net for many hours looking for models and trying to use what Iíve found.

WRT the 10M45S thereís a lot of discussion as to whether a DN2540 depletion mode MOSFET will do. Iím having trouble with both options.

Using the attached DN2540 model LTSpice generates the following error:

Error on line 5 : mßic1 n024 n026 n028 n028 dn2540 dn2540
Unknown parameter "dn2540"

I don't know what this means. Can anyone help please?

I found a model for the 10M45S here. Iíve gone with the standard nmos symbol although I see thereís discussion about that too thatís over my head at the moment. I havenít reached the point where that is an issue yet.

In my model I have ď.INC M:\LTC Spice\Models\10M45S.incĒ.

The model is indeed at that location.

When I run the simulation I get:

Can't find definition of model "10m45s".

I don't see any difference between how I've set this component up and others that don't have this problem.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip mymos.zip (676 Bytes, 3 views)
Old 26th May 2018, 05:07 AM   #1247
dch53 is offline dch53  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Modelling the NDF04N60Z N-Channel Power MOSFET

Hi,

Spent a lot of time searching for a model for this device to use in my UDB simulation.

I obtained the attached a pSpice model from On Semi.

My model contains

.INC M:\LTC Spice\Models\NDF04N60Z.inc

and the model file is indeed at that location. However, when I run the simulation I get

Can't find definition of model ndf04n60z".

I was expecting errors because the file is a pSpice model. What's the problem here?

There's lots of discussion around about converting pSpice models to LTSpice models. These range from simply changing the file extension through replacing all the "^" with "**" through to wholesale changes to the file.

What do I need to do to make this model usable by LTSpice please?

Thanks for whatever help anyone can provide!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NDF04N60Z.zip (967 Bytes, 2 views)
Old 26th May 2018, 09:56 AM   #1248
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
Ahh yes, the problem is no smell does not mean no harm....
Asbestos does not smell. Radioactivity does not smell.
Can you not get them to pay for an alternative? Probably better than fighting the next 10 years.

Jan
I gi to judge, I am strong because I have a high efficiency stove, no smoke, but yes fine partikles are present and dangerous, but that is with al modern stuff, like cars, diesels, but hee we need to go back to LTspice, that do not give polution exept the results from it.

I have rights, and al have woodstoves here, old ones, and I have a modern one, it is all nor nobody.

regards
Old 26th May 2018, 11:00 AM   #1249
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dch53 View Post
Hi,

Spent a lot of time searching for a model for this device to use in my UDB simulation.

I obtained the attached a pSpice model from On Semi.

My model contains

.INC M:\LTC Spice\Models\NDF04N60Z.inc

and the model file is indeed at that location. However, when I run the simulation I get

Can't find definition of model ndf04n60z".

I was expecting errors because the file is a pSpice model. What's the problem here?

There's lots of discussion around about converting pSpice models to LTSpice models. These range from simply changing the file extension through replacing all the "^" with "**" through to wholesale changes to the file.

What do I need to do to make this model usable by LTSpice please?

Thanks for whatever help anyone can provide!
You need to do, unpack into C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII\lib\NDF04N60Z

or into

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\s ym\NDF04N60Z

If you only use documents and have change that in LTspice you only need to unpack in documents, or if you use program files and not documents then you need to unpack only there, but as I did see here, LTspice looks into program files for models, so I need to change that in LTspice, but where, can you tell?

The unkwown subcircuit error I did discover came because LTspice did look at install directories, putting the model there did cure that, so need change directories in LTspice.

I do work now..

regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip NDF04N60Z.zip (1.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 26th May 2018, 11:36 AM   #1250
diyAudio Member

The model works fine for the DN2540 see pic test schematic.

first put a standard nmos richt click it and change the name who is in the cmd file, included mine in previous post with more parts included like zvp series..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_1215 May. 26 13.32.jpg (242.5 KB, 95 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip cascade currentsource-tube.zip (698 Bytes, 7 views)

Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII). From beginner to advanced.Hide this!Advertise here!