Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII). From beginner to advanced.

A query.
Attached is the sim of LM317+Keantoken KMX.
The KMX output voltage rises slowly to about 14V after about 3.5 sec.

Does this imply that it will minimize start thump noise in a head amp?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 247
I just downloaded LTspice because poeple have been recommending it to me and this whole thing is extremely confusing. I have no idea how to import the parts into the program. Why cant it be any simpler..

Actually my only problem is how to get the tubes in it. Otherwise it seems like a straight forward program.

Would someone be kind enough to assist me with this?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
This article was interesting:

LTSpice Simulation Using WAV Files

<Snip> Learn how to interface with LTSpice using WAV files.
LTSpice has the capability to record data from voltage and current nodes as part of a transient simulation. Data is recorded in a WAV file. The data can be read back by voltage and current sources and used as inputs to other LTSpice circuits, viewed using a simple playback circuit or exchanged with common data analysis applications.

In this article, examples of general purpose recording and playback circuits and details of the data format are explored.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Slightly OT but can't find a better fit:

Found this in another forum on LTspice, anybody can shine some liht on this:

Analog Devices--which now owns Linear Technology--has begun offering a simulation package called Isim-PE. Has anyone in this group used this program? Can you compare is with LTSpice-XVII?

Renesas bought an electronics company that had a version of Isim-PE that I've worked with. It has a limit of 50 analog nodes in a circuit. I was trying to simulate a circuit containming two fully-differential op-amps and other components, and it said I had too many nodes.

If you Google Isim-PE there's some info but not related to ADI.

Jan

Last edited:
Simulating tolerances in passive components

Hi Mooly and the guys here. I want to simulate a linear regulator with a 6FM7 and 6K11, properly working in real world. I would want to simulate it with some variations in the reference neon lamp (Ne4) automatically, like 75±5V and how it reflects in the performance of the device. How to do it if possible?

Attachments

• Reguleta 06.JPG
    Reguleta 06.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Reguleta.GIF
    Reguleta.GIF
    20 KB · Views: 197
I use the following 2SK389 model:
.model 2sk389 NJF
+ Beta=51.76m Rs=8.008 Rd=8.008 Betatce=-.5 Lambda=11.22m
+ Vto=-.5275 Vtotc=-2.5m Cgd=18.28p M=.3367 Pb=.3905 Fc=.5
+ Cgs=20.07p Isr=112.8p Nr=2 Is=11.28p N=1 Xti=3 Alpha=10u Vk=100
+ Kf=92.85E-18 Af=1)
*SRC=2SK389;QSK389;JFETs N;Gen. Purpose;50V 10mA
This turns out to be 10.5 mA Idss.

My devices however are 7.5 mA Idss. Is there any parameter I can change to get it into synch with my real device?
regards albert

How to improve simulated vs measured filter frequency response?

Hi, I'm changing the crossover points in a 4-way tube crossover that I didn't build. I'm having trouble getting the simulated and measured frequency responses to match. Specifically, the simulated crossover point (~-7dB for an 18dB slope) is 35Hz. The measured crossover point is 65Hz. I've attached the model of the bass filter, schematic, simulated frequency response and measured frequency response. Can anyone suggest how I might improve the match between the simulated and actual frequency responses please? I know the filter should be driven from a low impedance source but I didn't design it and I have to work with what I've been given.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 35Hz Low Pass schematic.png
    35Hz Low Pass schematic.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Simulated frequency response.png
    Simulated frequency response.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Measured frequency response.png
    Measured frequency response.png
    95 KB · Views: 105
  • 35Hz Low Pass model.zip