Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

XSim free crossover designer
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2017, 01:20 PM   #401
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
nhinstruments
diyAudio Member

Thank you so much.
Old 16th December 2017, 01:35 PM   #402
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks for the update, Bill. Mine installed quickly with no fuss or muss, - - if only other software could do the same. I didn't notice any differences right away, will look for those you mentioned.
Old 16th December 2017, 02:59 PM   #403
merlin el mago is offline merlin el mago
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaslo View Post
There's a new update of Xsim now up -- http://libinst.com/Xsim/XSimSetup.exe

Mostly some bug fixes, a few new things -- derive a driver's impedance phase from only the magnitude of a ZMA file (so you could just make a curve from points read off a manufacturer's data sheet) The "file" curve in the Frequency Response phase can now be offset up or down with a dB offset scale control. Curve colors changed a bit for better visibility. Some hint bubbles pop up to show new users how to do some non-obvious functions (the hints can be turned off).

Note: Xsim has (even before the update) an "auto-updater", which I found out is HATED by the antivirus program Avast! Apparently Xsim's wanting to go out on the net to download the update gives Avast a scare. You might have to turn off your antivirus program for a few minutes to let it complete if your current install of Xsim tries to do its own update and your antivirus is particularly intrusive.
Thank you very for your Xmas gift.

Felipe
Old 16th December 2017, 03:28 PM   #404
perceval is offline perceval  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the continuing support, Bill.

I love XSim. Such a nifty tool.
Old 16th December 2017, 10:12 PM   #405
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
Old guy with soldering iron
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pano View Post
Thanks for the update, Bill. Mine installed quickly with no fuss or muss, - - if only other software could do the same. I didn't notice any differences right away, will look for those you mentioned.
Pano -- check the export of the 'Filter Function' (I think you were the one that pointed out it wasn't working?).... that works now.

I'm kind of housebound at the moment, so I'm working on a few other features (related to editing driver SPL and ZMA files). No idea when that will be ready, maybe this weekend, maybe long after....
Old 16th December 2017, 10:35 PM   #406
merlin el mago is offline merlin el mago
diyAudio Member

Take your time and thanks in advance for your great work.
Old 16th December 2017, 10:56 PM   #407
BYRTT is offline BYRTT  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
.....so I'm working on a few other features (related to editing driver SPL and ZMA files). No idea when that will be ready, maybe this weekend, maybe long after....
Great thanks for 2017 update, that said even without update find it fantastic and practical tool.

Should it happen be easy to do it would be welcome to implement "vertical center" menu under "Scale" for impedance window as is available for frequency window, cause is sometimes fiddle around with linearization of head phones and microphone capsules and then have to pick rough 20 or 50 ohms vertical scale to see the high value numbers for impedance trace inside scale of window.
Old 16th December 2017, 11:04 PM   #408
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Pano -- check the export of the 'Filter Function' (I think you were the one that pointed out it wasn't working?).... that works now.
I did, I did! My thought was "Did this always work like that? How did I miss this before?" Thanks Bill.
Old 16th January 2018, 02:19 AM   #409
martyh is offline martyh  United States
diyAudio Member

Just want to say thanks for the program. Been playing with it for a while now and love the flexibility. It was easy to pick up and has been a great way for me to learn how things work. I’ve always been more of a visual learner and the ability to plug filter elements between an ideal amp and driver and plot the results has helped me a great deal. Thanks again for all of your hard work
Old 16th January 2018, 02:32 AM   #410
globalplayer is offline globalplayer  Germany
diyAudio Member

Yes,
thank you very much.

XSim free crossover designerHide this!Advertise here!