Lt-FreePcb : LTSpice and FreePcb working together

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello , I've never posted here , i am an amateur , i like LTSpice , FreePcb ! I like Freebasic too , and i wrote a tool for the use of LTSpice for schematic and simu , and FreePcb ; with an improved netlist ( with packages ), positions of components coming from the schematic , to the fpc . Like this , it is easier to begin a pcb ; it is possible to update if the asc and/or netlist have been updated . With the netlist and the asc , the tool adds 'by default' standard components ( res ,cap , ind ,diode ) and packages for transistors . I have built new libraries with specific footprints , for compatibility . With a click in a list , it is easy to change the package of any component . But in the netlist , the nets are never changed , don't click a npn bce for a npn ebc ! The list come from a file (...txt ) , editable of course . With a 2nd window , it is possible to move all the components , globally , but with adjustable zooms for X size and Y size ; then update fpc with a click . I added this tool 2 days ago at freebasic.net ( Index / Projects ) and ... 1 user seems interested ... I hope there will be more than 1 ! ;-) I added too a tone- burst for a sound card , with 8 signals : classics + sine-bursts , 5 sinus / octave and 10 sinus / decade . All settings with the mouse . If you like coding with FreeBasic , you can look for my project 'ReForm' , a Visual Designer . Pseudo : enform . ( ... and ... a search tool 'MyMemory' , multi files , 2 dirs possible , and ... a tracer 'TraceOn + Tron' for debugging ). All freewares . I will be glad if you can make a try ... Thank you for that . Download : Télécharger Lt-FreePcb.zip gratuitement - PackUpload MD5 : 2037DBCBA7E86B1B52C4382DDD7A043F Lt-FreePcb96.exe 179 Ko (183 808 octets) No install , just an exe . Probably , you will wait a while on the sharing site ... 2 mn ? ( it displays ' Vous devez attendre ...' (French) --> ' You have to wait' ) , with FireFox i click ' Reload ' ... , again ... I'll be happy to read some comments , after all these lines of code . joe averell / enform

Edit : 2 jpg of the main windows and my standard.bjt

Attachments

• LT-FreePcb-main.jpg
    LT-FreePcb-main.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 320
  • LT-FreePcb-sizing.jpg
    LT-FreePcb-sizing.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 319
  • standard.bjt.txt
    29.1 KB · Views: 74
Thank you Joe for writing this. Looks like a good improvement for a patch between LTspice and FreePCB. I was able to download and run the program. I did have several crashes. I think mostly due to some error traps not catching user mistakes. But the good news, was I got the basic feature to work and FreePCB displayed the circuit. I couldn't get the parts placement feature to work, but I will keep trying. Some of the problems I had, could possibly be to Windows 7, but I'm not ready to pass judgement yet.

You put a lot of time in this, and you deserve some good recognition. Thank you.

Turns out the bug with the parts placement feature, was that I didn't have FreePCB updated. After that, it worked like a charm.

I did have an issue with TL071 not working with the right pin assignments for my purposes. I was able to reassign them in FreePCB. (TL072 configuration.)

Glad to see it can work on your PC under Windows 7 , old XP here ... It was the pleasure to combine electronic with informatic , but yes , it took a lot of time... Thank you for your tries and report ! PS : I understand ( ! ) the risk to try out unknow softwares like this one from unknow author like me ... but this tool works without install and you can use a sandbox like Sandboxie to verify access to dirs and files , an additional security in general . But don't worry , the software is clean , it is a general observation ! Good simus with LtSpice ...

New revision

Hi, If you like to make your PCBs after simulations , this is a new revision of my tool , removing 2 or 3 bugs ( open & read files , sometime ) .

In short :
- LTSpice : file.asc + file.net
- FreePcb : create file.fpc from file.net ; components are not well positionned .
- LTFreepcb : Part 1 : Mod_file.net ; Part 2 : Mod_file.fpc
- FreePcb again : now , load Mod_file.fpc with positions of components

Zip files : the tool with its files & screenshots .

image .....114444.png shows FreePcb after the modified fpc file (with
this tool ) has been loaded . Components are well positionned like in
the file.asc file .

Attachments

• Lt-FreePcb097.zip
    118.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Images.zip
    448.8 KB · Views: 89
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.