Monacor CAAD 4.2 - anyone used it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently bought the software. It is definitely not as simple to use as winISD or Unibox. For some reason I have to change the language from German every time I start it up. I need to play with it for a bit longer to try and understand it before I can give it a proper review

I have had a play with software, the bass reflex and closed box simulations are very similar to other programs (other than being more complicated). I am not sure about the transmission line and horn enclosure simulations, it provides you with no indication whether the enclosure will be effective, unless I am missing something. It does provide you with a list of dimensions and horn areas, I dont know if that can be used to design a different enclosure as this simulation only provides one type of horn?

Need your help. I have built a pair of hifi enclosures having net volume 45 Liters fitted each with bass driver monacor SPH255 with vent diameter 86mm but I do not get a good bass. I have tested with 2 different amplifiers but bass is a bit thin.
Could you please input the Thiele Small parameters in the CAAD software and tell me the recommended vent length with 45L volume and vent diameter 86mm.
Datasheet as follows
MONACOR - Products - SPH-255
Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.