Clio installing fail

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks.

I've a Thinkpad T61 with Win7 and Clio 10FW, but after installing clio-driver and software it says "hardware not present".
The firewire on the laptop is 4-pin and phantompower is connected to the Clio box.

Have anyone a clue on why it doesn't work? It's my second try with 4-pin and it didn't work last aswell.

Thanks.

Hello.
I have the same problem. Thing is I bought my clio FW 2009 and at first it worked
but it wastn't as stable as would have wanted it to be (later on I learned that it
was because of dpc latency issues) so I didn't use it at all.
Instead I used my old Clio4 or some other measurement system.
So it ended up lying in it's nice case for some time and the next time I decided
to use it I recived "error 16 hardware not present".
Tried everything I was told to by the Audiomatica support team but without any
luck so I finally had to send it back to Audiomatica for them to fix it.
Some 200 euros porer I got it back (about a year ago) and it actually worked
exactly as it was intended to do.
I actually got it working that great on two laptops, one Acer that earlier had
some serious latency problems and the same Lenovo that you are using.
Bougth the last one and a "win7 pro" just to be sure I had everything covered.
Now the ClioFw and that Lenovo has done absolutly nothing the last year but
lying still, not connected to anything and last night I got the same :cuss: message again.

Page 2
http://www.audiomatica.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/technote_001.pdf
Each CLIO software is protected to operate only with its mating hardware if correct
serial number is not found or if the FW-01 unit is not connected to the PC the soft
ware operates in DEMO mode giving the user only post-processing facilities,
measurements are inhibited.
In these cases the following error message occurs:**************

I'm starting to think that there is a memory of some sort that remembers the serial
needed for the connection that fails because it no longer has the power to keep it alive.
Both times that this has happened it has been lying for a long time and at least one of the
computers it worked on earlier hasn't done anything either.
Same fault now on both computers bye the way.

My Clio is working again :)
This time I bougth a PCMCIA expansion card and a dedicated psu for it.
It has been running the whole day and it seems to be in order for now.

Exsys EX 6600E PCMCIA Controller 2X Firewire 1394a Firewire 400 | eBay

The powersupply is not included so you have to find that elsewhere, I found mine at SWD.de

The box has been to Italy to get the firewire interface replaced (second time)
and I'm hoping that it will be for the last time. This time I was told that it was
my fault it was broken so I had to pay for the part.
Beats me how I had broken it just lying still over night though. The only
explanation was that it's impossible for the same fault to happend twice.
The seller where I bought it had a theory that my psu (medical) had sent out
some transient that killed it. Since there is no psu included and I had no way
of proving the opposite I had to go for this solution.

The Lenovo T61 is now so tweaked that it's not possible to use it for anything else,
but if the Clio will work that's a small price to pay.

Now this combination of Laptop/expansion card has been running every time I've started it
for the last year. So finally I belive it to be as reliable as I thougth it would be when I bought it.

A thread like this is more helpful if there actually is a solution to the problem as well so......

My combination is:
Laptop: IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad T61
Expansion card: Exsys EX 6600E PCMCIA Controller 2X Firewire 1394a Firewire 400 | eBay
Psu for the card: https://www.exsys.ch/en/miscellaneous/power-supply/power-supply-ex-6600e-6605e-6601e-6603-6701.html

Windows7 pro

If there are others that have reliable and fully functional combinations for Clio fw fell free to ad
your solution as well. You might actually help someone with a very frustrating problem :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.