PerfDesign BETA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I just published a Beta version of my software. It's an application for designing and prototyping small electronic projects on perfboard and stripboards.
It only works on Windows and you need the .NET framework v4.0 to run the application. Its purpose is to quickly design or prototype small electronic circuits.
You can find the app at (PerfDesign | Free Science & Engineering software downloads at SourceForge.net). The project is open source and you can view the code if you like.
Try it and let me know if you like it. Or not.
icon_biggrin.gif
Any suggestions, comments, critics and so forth are welcome.

Best regards,

Andy

I just tried to test out your software and it doesn't seem to work for me.
I am using XP64, I will try it again later on my Win7 machine.

I have Netframe 4.0 installed as I have VS2010 installed as well.

FWIW

jer :)

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hi Gerald. Thank you for trying out my new software.
I don't know why the program crashed. I haven't tested it yet on XP systems. I can't figure it out from the picture you sent, try clicking on the "What data does this error report contain?" and post the result here, maybe i can figure something out from the data.
Best,
Andy

Joined 2004
Paid Member
XP64 does not have a SP3 available for it.

SP3 is only for XP 32bit users.

These are the system requirements for .NET:
  • Windows XP SP3
  • Windows Server 2003 SP2
  • Windows Vista SP1 or later
  • Windows Server 2008 (not supported on Server Core Role)
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 (not supported on Server Core Role)
  • Windows 7 SP1
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
I'm suggesting that you are not going to help the OP diagnose the problem unless you tell him what SP you are using and whether the computer has the latest updates. According to Wikipedia, Windows XP 64-Bit Edition, Version 2003 is based on Windows Server 2003. So you will need to have SP2.
I've also seen cases where .NETv4 will install but it won't run properly because it needs some other updates--so he also needs to know whether the machine has the latest Windows Updates.

I have all of the updates required for XP64 as per MS update including all opitons except Media player 11 and any other updates there after with no failed attempt on any of them.

Many of the programs that I use require netframe to be install and they all work.
Such as VS2010 express,VB6, Visual Analyzer,MPlab and MPlab X.
As well as other such IDE's as CooCox, Code Box and I did have IAR system's IDE until my trial time had ran out.

MPlabX runs using NetBeans which requires the NETFrame system.

Yes, I have had issues with Net Frame not getting installed properly before but that is not the case with this current build.

The version of XP64 I have is already an SP2 version.
I found this out the hard way as when you try to re-install SP2 it screws up any attempts to be able to maintain and update the Netframe system.

AS far as I know I should be up to date with NetFrame 4.0 and 4.5.

I am not fluent in programming but I do know that there are some programs that have been written lately that will not run in this version of XP but will in Win7.

I just recently acquired such a program but I forgot what it was at the moment.

Oh, Yeah.....It was the new BETA version of Visual Analyzer.
The 64 bit version will only work in Win7 and not XP64 where as the 32bit (x86) version will work in XP64.

I don't have a machine setup running that has XPpro (32bit) at this time, But I do have a couple of them with it installed, but not physically setup.

From my understanding from MS the SP2 update for XP64 has all of the fix's that SP3 has for XP32 rolled up in it, and, there was never a SP3 issued for XP64

However this is not the first time, I have run across such programs in the past that will work in XP32 and not XP64 even if it is run as Admin. in the 32bit mode.

I Hope that helps.

P.S. I will have to give it a try on my backup machine that does have Win7 installed in it later. ;)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.