T/S Database in PSD-Lite

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
PSD-Lite now has an integrated T/S database. The database is currently populated with parameters and related information for over 600 current-production drivers. The database is built using the Compact Edition of Microsoft's SQL-server, which puts the tables in a single file. Since there is just one file with the data, you can add entries and share the file with others.

The T/S database currently has 629 entries that are captured from the Parts Express and MCM woofer selection guides. It doesn't have any of those obsolete drivers like you will find in WinISD or at thielesmall.com--it's all current-production stuff. Adding new drivers is easy--just go to the end of the table and type away. I'm working on adding tools to import data from a CSV file, export WinISD files, merge databases and other such utilities, but not all of these tools will be available in the free version of PSD.

There are actually two "Browse" buttons in PSD-Lite where the T/S database grid pops up. You get to it from the Specify Drivers module or from the Woofer Box module. From the Woofer Box module, just select the "What-If" tab and you can select a row from the database and it will display the response for a given box. So you can quickly and easy compare the response of lots of drivers in the same box. Change the box a bit, or add a port, and then compare more drivers...

You can see the full schema by selecting "All" from the "View" button. There are 29 fields that include the fundamental T/S parameters, the small signal parameters, descriptions, links to driver data and to FRD measurement files, and some metadata such as author and date of the entry and production status.

As always, any feedback on PSD-Lite is appreciated...

You can download PSD-Lite at: http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Software/PSD_Lite/setup.exe

Datasheet on PSD-Lite: http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Software/PSD_Lite_spec_sheet.htm

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi, & Thanx for your continued work on this :)

You're welcome :).

The PSD-Lite feature set is mostly complete, but there will be a lot more refinements. PSD-Lite is the core code I use for the active version (ASD) and a more advanced version (PSD-Pro). So whenever I find out that I need to upgrade the shared core code, PSD-Lite will get that upgrade. For example, I couldn't figure out a simple way to add a TS database to the active and Pro version without modifying the core code. So that feature got rolled into PSD-Lite, although some of the database maintenance tools are hidden in the free PSD-Lite version.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.