Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2013, 09:54 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default EQ tools for Windows

FYI, there are couple utilities for Windows for to EQ the sound:

Room EQ Wizard (REW) - REW - Room EQ Wizard Room Acoustics Software

EqualizerAPO, a system-wide parametric equalizer for Windows Vista/7/8/- Equalizer APO | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

Additionally, I have released couple freeware GUI software for to expand usage of EqualizerAPO.

EQ31GUI-2 - a 2-channel 1/3 oct Graphics EQ
Click the image to open in full size.

PEQGUI-10MC - a Multichannel 10-band Parametric EQ

More info + downloads at - Home
Old 26th December 2013, 08:55 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jiiteepee. Just what I was looking for.

EqualizerAPO is a great bit of software as it works seemlessly with REW and the inexpensive UMIK-1.

I find myselve having to change the config.txt often when I change between speakers to headphones (several of them). So I've made a little desktop "switch board" to switch between profiles with a single mouse click. As I'm not able to measure my headphones with the UMIK-1, your PEQGUI comes in very handy.
Old 31st December 2013, 04:38 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Just released another GUI for EqualizerAPO users. This is 10-band Full Parametric EQ with Multi Channel support.

More info + downloads at - Home
Old 12th January 2014, 12:48 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Updated the fPEQGUI-10MC to version 0.20 (few new features, bug fixes and improvements). Also EQ31GUI-2 was updated couple days ago.
Old 26th January 2014, 09:01 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Keep up the good work - at the moment I am busy with another project but this will be next on my list.

Hopefully my USB Samson Go-Mic will play nice with the REW software. Lots of study to do in the idle hours in the meantime - last time I looked (several years ago) it was still not within my reach and I shelved it. Time to pick it up now.

Hide this!Advertise here!