Windows 8-Adobe Problem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2013, 06:13 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Windows 8-Adobe Problem

Hi Folks, I got a new computer with Win.8 and found there was a problem with the PDF reader. I could not get the reader out of full screen or use multiple screens. It seems the reader that was installed is an ms-reader. It may be intended for an I-pad type deal where you slide the screen. I had to re-install Adobe so it would run independently. Now it works the way I need it to. Maybe this will save someone time in the future. Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 09:56 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to JonSnell Electronic
I advise the removal of Win8 and install Win7 or Linux in its place.
Use Open Office, (beats Microsoft, hands down) and Foxit PDF Reader with FireFox as your browser. You will stand half a chance of running without too many issues. Oh yes, Open Office, FireFox and Foxit PDF reader are free.
Get rid of anything to do with Google and install Startpage as your search engine. That will not send your personal IP address to anyone. Security is the essence unlike Google that sprays your personal stuff everywhere.
Old 30th September 2013, 12:09 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Sounds like good advice. Thank you. Would you please explain the negatives of Win.8. Just curious about what's going on with it. Does Microsoft design for their wants instead of the users needs?
Old 8th October 2013, 12:34 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I strongly recomend loading 'Classic Shell' to restore some of the normal Win 7 functionality.

Hide this!Advertise here!