Bass box problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bass box pro problems with port size and length problems?

Hi everyone,

I was looking at getting the bass box pro program intill someone I know used it and the program had a glitch with port sizes and length was way off every time? So has anyone had this problem? Also is there another program I can or get that is right? I have between $150 and $200 max to spend. Thanks Mr. Daniel

Last edited:

Hello zero D

Thanks for your help on this subject. I miss wrote the headline title. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with base box pro and the port length and the opening size of the port. A friend of mine had trouble with it not calculating this right. This other program looks great but, it is not a program I am using now but, I will look into it. Again thanks for the help. Mr. Daniel.

Last edited:
I've been using BassBox Pro for years, and yes, I noticed the glitch with the port length and diameter. But once you reconfigure the box, the program displays the correct length and diameter again. Small adjustment that is no big deal to me. If you use a manufacturer's parameters, there's a lot of keying you'd have to do (you shouldn't be using them by the way except to test a particular driver), but the idea is to do the measuring yourself and import the data into BassBox, since what's posted by the vendor varies so much from the actual purchased driver. Hope this helps. And if you're looking for more free and awesome speaker software, check here:

http://audio.claub.net/software.html

Charlie frequents this board, and is an incredible resource.

Hi everyone,

I was looking at getting the bass box pro program intill someone I know used it and the program had a glitch with port sizes and length was way off every time? So has anyone had this problem? Also is there another program I can or get that is right? I have between $150 and $200 max to spend. Thanks Mr. Daniel

Last edited:
I've been using BassBox Pro for years, and yes, I noticed the glitch with the port length and diameter. But once you reconfigure the box, the program displays the correct length and diameter again. Small adjustment that is no big deal to me. If you use a manufacturer's parameters, there's a lot of keying you'd have to do (you shouldn't be using them by the way except to test a particular driver), but the idea is to do the measuring yourself and import the data into BassBox, since what's posted by the vendor varies so much from the actual purchased driver. Hope this helps. And if you're looking for more free and awesome speaker software, check here:

software

Charlie frequents this board, and is an incredible resource.

Thanks for the confirm on the port length and port size. Could I use the Smith and Larson woofer tester 2 to get my drivers measured? Just starting out or the ATB PC Pro here's the link: ATB PC Pro? Thanks Mr Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.