Bass box problems - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th August 2013, 09:45 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bass box pro problems with port size and length problems?

Hi everyone,

I was looking at getting the bass box pro program intill someone I know used it and the program had a glitch with port sizes and length was way off every time? So has anyone had this problem? Also is there another program I can or get that is right? I have between $150 and $200 max to spend. Thanks Mr. Daniel

Last edited by Mr Daniel; 29th August 2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: miss typed the title.
Old 27th August 2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Zero D is offline Zero D  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi, i made a thread which should help you

How to correctly use WinISD

Here's the latest version http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisd-07x.exe & it's FREE
Old 28th August 2013, 11:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero D View Post
Hi, i made a thread which should help you

How to correctly use WinISD

Here's the latest version http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisd-07x.exe & it's FREE

Hello zero D

Thanks for your help on this subject. I miss wrote the headline title. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with base box pro and the port length and the opening size of the port. A friend of mine had trouble with it not calculating this right. This other program looks great but, it is not a program I am using now but, I will look into it. Again thanks for the help. Mr. Daniel.

Last edited by Mr Daniel; 29th August 2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 29th August 2013, 06:18 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Ahh, OK By the way WinISD is Free
Old 30th August 2013, 12:56 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero D View Post
Ahh, OK By the way WinISD is Free

I hope I didn't offend you Zereo D ? Your efforts are so helpful and insightful. Again thanks for your help. Mr. Daniel
Old 31st August 2013, 03:06 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

@ Mr Daniel

You didn't. But nice of you to consider it

All the best
Old 31st August 2013, 03:18 PM   #7
Jsixis is offline Jsixis  United States
diyAudio Member

Once I stared using WinISD bass box was removed from my computer.
I own bass box but I don't believe it is the pro version. It is a powerful program but the version I have requires every field to be filled in and sometimes I may not have all of that info which makes the program useless for that driver.
Old 31st August 2013, 04:16 PM   #8
hongrn is offline hongrn  United States
diyAudio Member

I've been using BassBox Pro for years, and yes, I noticed the glitch with the port length and diameter. But once you reconfigure the box, the program displays the correct length and diameter again. Small adjustment that is no big deal to me. If you use a manufacturer's parameters, there's a lot of keying you'd have to do (you shouldn't be using them by the way except to test a particular driver), but the idea is to do the measuring yourself and import the data into BassBox, since what's posted by the vendor varies so much from the actual purchased driver. Hope this helps. And if you're looking for more free and awesome speaker software, check here:

http://audio.claub.net/software.html

Charlie frequents this board, and is an incredible resource.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Daniel View Post
Hi everyone,

I was looking at getting the bass box pro program intill someone I know used it and the program had a glitch with port sizes and length was way off every time? So has anyone had this problem? Also is there another program I can or get that is right? I have between $150 and $200 max to spend. Thanks Mr. Daniel

Last edited by hongrn; 31st August 2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 1st September 2013, 04:29 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongrn View Post
I've been using BassBox Pro for years, and yes, I noticed the glitch with the port length and diameter. But once you reconfigure the box, the program displays the correct length and diameter again. Small adjustment that is no big deal to me. If you use a manufacturer's parameters, there's a lot of keying you'd have to do (you shouldn't be using them by the way except to test a particular driver), but the idea is to do the measuring yourself and import the data into BassBox, since what's posted by the vendor varies so much from the actual purchased driver. Hope this helps. And if you're looking for more free and awesome speaker software, check here:

software

Charlie frequents this board, and is an incredible resource.

Thanks for the confirm on the port length and port size. Could I use the Smith and Larson woofer tester 2 to get my drivers measured? Just starting out or the ATB PC Pro here's the link: ATB PC Pro? Thanks Mr Daniel
Old 2nd September 2013, 03:20 AM   #10
Jsixis is offline Jsixis  United States
diyAudio Member

I use Smith Larson's Woofer Tester 2 to get my speaker info. Seems to work very well.
Also great to check capacitors and inductors

Hide this!Advertise here!