IPhone RTA/FFT App

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
It's been quite a while since I posted last but I ran across this IPhone app and had to tell you guys about it.

We were evaluating a dynamometer for use inside a hemi-anechoic test cell and noticed a faint ringing coming from the dynamometer. One of our customers pulled out his IPhone and in less than a minute, had the noise isolated to a 6kHz, almost pure tone being generated by the dynamometer.

We knew that this was the switching frequency for the IGBT's controlling the current to the dynamometer so we knew what needed to be addressed.

The app he was using is called Audio Tools by Studio Six Digital. Here is their website: AudioTools | Studio Six Digital

I downloaded the app from Apple ITunes for my phone. I've just started playing around with it so I can't provide a real review at this point. I just can't stop thinking about all the fun I could have had with this app when I was making speakers.

Hopefully some of you will get to enjoy the benefits a tool like this can provide.

btw, the price for the base app is $20.

Have Fun,

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Yes. i have that app for awhile now. very cool stuff. I use it with a dedicated iTOUCH. You can get FFT app and many other acoustic apps. i bought the early Audio Tools and need to upgrade it now. But their convoluted exchange via iTunes was just too much trouble.... sometime I'll call them about it and get the upgardes. All seems like good stuff.

BTW--- I have two cars I like doing mods with -- a ZR1 and a CTS-V. Great engines.

Thx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.