Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th September 2013, 09:14 PM   #11
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Hmmm. Low Q is not really an issue, but high Q might cause some issues you don't see in just the summed response. Much over 1.5 I think I might want to know. I just added a segment for second order electrical to my sheets. First is pretty obvious. Third electrical I need to study as I don't know the equation off the top of my head.

Anyway, Thanks very much for this. It is tons easier to get going than my expensive tool and gets me to the listening/tweaking quite quickly.
Old 1st October 2013, 02:25 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumptruck View Post
Two more comments from me:

1. When I go to "load design", I have to go back into the driver editing and double-click to get the frd/zma files associated with the design to be loaded. Not as bad as having to browse for them again every time like in PCD, but still much less convenient than other programs where everything just loads up.
That's on a list of things to do already. I'll implement it once my summer projects are wrapped up.

Quote:
2. It would be really nice to have the option of displaying output phase and output SPL on the same graph, or at least the same screen. This was one of the best aspects of PCD, I thought. Maybe all the graphs should be able to pop out?.
The full version (PSD-Pro) has a separate module for viewing the system response, and there is more flexibility for showing and hiding the chart data. Some of that approach may get pushed to PSD-Lite--need to think about this.

Quote:
Anyway, nice work on this so far.
Thanks.
Old 1st October 2013, 03:52 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Davis View Post
The full version (PSD-Pro) has a separate module for viewing the system response, and there is more flexibility for showing and hiding the chart data. Some of that approach may get pushed to PSD-Lite--need to think about this.
But the full version is not something that is available at this point, right?
Old 1st October 2013, 02:21 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumptruck View Post
But the full version is not something that is available at this point, right?
right. But software season is coming up .
This summer I ended up doing a lot of work on the house.
Old 2nd October 2013, 08:28 AM   #15
Osmo is offline Osmo  Finland
diyAudio Member

REW measurements do not work on PSD.
Here is a line from REW: 20,291 22,377 25,602
line from frd that works: 20.35284 59.67033 0
I have gotten used to REW so it would be nice to get it working Thanks for the software!
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:41 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
Here is a line from REW: 20,291 22,377 25,602
PSD-Lite currently treats commas as delimiters instead of decimal marks--this allows using a comma separated variable (CSV) format. However, someone else already commented on this and when I looked into it I was surprised to find out how many countries outside the US use commas as decimal points (more than those who use the period).

It's an easy fix--I'll make the change in a future release. I'll probably keep support for commas as delimiters as an option.
Old 14th October 2013, 07:17 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Reporting back. Did a couple more designs using measured in-box response (HOLM & WT-II) feed into PSD. Tweak the model, build and measure. Very good correlation. Job well done.
Old 15th October 2013, 01:53 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek View Post
Very good correlation.
That's good to hear. I've been working on house projects this summer (replacing the wood siding), but I'm anxious to get back to the advanced versions of this program. PSD-Lite is the "core" set of tools that I needed to be working properly, so I'm starting to fell like I'm "done" with those tools and can move on to more interesting (for me, at least) features.

BTW, building your own scaffolding out of 2x4's is not as hard as you might expect--just takes time and some nerve to use it:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 20th October 2013, 09:04 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

My summer was a bath gut including busting out the cement floor and moving the wet wall. So, just now getting back into it my self.

Hide this!Advertise here!